Chapter 8

In her twenty-seven years of life, Choi Jisu has always regarded herself as someone who's got her shit together.

She's the alpha type of woman, someone who always plans and loves to take control.

People keep saying how smart and analytic she is. That's the reason she got into stocks and finance because she loves analyzing data and reviewing economic trends.

She has high regard for her intuition, but she never decides without studying the facts first. It's too risky.

It led everyone to brand her as the woman who knows what to say and do in every situation.

But just as good as it sounds, Choi Jisu isn't as strong as everyone thinks she is.

At least not all the time.

There are some moments, these very few moments, when something--or someone--messes up with her head, affecting her rationality and reasoning.

In stock trading, they call it black swan--an unpredictable event beyond what is expected, which results in severe consequences.

She usually hates it when something like that occurs, because it takes her off course.

But in this context, her black swan isn't an event. Instead, it is a person that goes by the name Shin Ryujin.

The funny thing is, she doesn't hate her one bit.

---

"Oh, by the way, this is my wife, Shin Ryujin. And Ryujin, this is the registered investment advisor I was talking about. Her name's Choi Jisu."

Jisu looks up at her soulmate, who seemed petrified at their situation.

Couldn't blame her, Jisu thinks. Who would have thought the overseas client she was talking to the other day is the wife of the person she's been looking for the past three years?

Yes, she got Ryujin's name from when they first met. Still, she couldn't find the other woman on social media when she searched online, which added to Jisu's frustration.

Leaving that coded comment on the comics (manhwa-- she hears Yuna's voice) online is a desperate move in hopes of finally meeting her soulmate again.

Well, Ryujin seems to have understood what it meant and could be wanting to meet her too because she's here now, is she not?

And all that tugging from earlier made Jisu's heart almost jump out of her chest.

"Um... hello... I'm... I'm Shin Ryujin..." she finally manages to speak, offering her right hand for a shake.

Jisu smiles and stands up, taking the other woman's hand into hers and shaking it back. "Choi Jisu. It's nice to meet you finally." She looks at Yuri. "So you are the boo miss Yuri has been talking about nonstop."

Ryujin chuckles and scratches her nape as she and Yuri settle down across the table.

"I had a very insightful investment talk with Miss Jisu," Yuri says. "I wish you could hear it too, but she has plans after this and is only waiting for her date to come."

Ryujin raises an eyebrow. "D-date?"

"Yes, that's 5 pm, right?" Yuri looks at Jisu.

Jisu nods. "But something came up just now. My date won't be able to make it."

"Awe. That's sad."

"Don't worry. It's something urgent," Jisu says.

Ryujin leans back on the chair and mouths, 'I'm sorry.'