30. Revelation

Two weeks ago

Zion Group of Companies

The aloof boss was still in his office beyond working hours. He's currently reminiscing about yesterday night with Natalia. It's impossible to avoid having a smile on one's face thinking about the woman. Lately, he has been pondering regarding the future. A future with her.

Subconsciously, Alexander dialed his grandfather's number. "Grandpa, I have a favor to ask you. Can we meet?"

The next day, Alexander met the old man at the Zion Grand Hotel.

"Boy, what is this favor of yours?" The old man started as he scanned the restaurant's menu.

"I need a piece of red beryl." The young man stated without coating his words. He vividly remembered the three little wishes of Natalia from his memory. He knew his grandfather has a hobby of collecting gemstones that's why he contacted him and hoping to obtain a small piece of the stone.

The old man raised his brows. "Have you come to your senses and ready to put a ring on your fiancée's finger?"

Alexander shook his head and secretly smirked. His grandfather never failed to remind him about some random woman. "No. But I am sure that I'm going to marry the woman I fancied. My apologies, grandfather. No one's going to change my mind."

His grandfather snorted and took a sip of his wine. "Let's see. Once you meet the woman I'm telling you about, you will surely eat your words."

"Doubtful. She's not even my fiancée to begin with, grandpa." This time, the young man showed his taunting smile and looked at his grandfather who seemed to be thinking.

The old man sighed, but his posture stayed the same as someone who still refused to give up. "Once prepared, the gemstone will be delivered at your doorsteps." With that, they ate and talked about different things.

#######

PRESENT TIME. Afternoon.

That afternoon, Alexander received the 'favor' that he requested from his grandfather. The old man exceeded his expectation and had sent a tiny box with a red beryl-designed ring. A tiny note was attached to the package which says,

'Anyone can catch your eye, but it takes someone special to catch your heart.'

His lips curved at the truth behind the written words thinking of a woman. Alexander told himself that he needs to repay his grandfather in another way.

After staring at the ring, he kept the box in one of the drawers for the meantime and thought of a way how to convey his emotions to the special woman he cares about.

"Duchess. You cannot just barge inside Mr. Gates office----" Sergei informed the royal lady as she strive to open the door of Alexander's office.

The President's door flung open. The woman catched her breath as she squeezed herself bypassing Alexander's assistant.

"I'm sorry Mr. Gates----"

"What are you doing here?" Alexander uttered in a cold and displeasing manner and glowered at the trespassing woman.

In Duchess Ruth's eyes, the man is truly striking and her desire escalated every moment she encountered him. She wanted Alexander by her side. That's why she confided about it earlier with her new found friend, Ariel Zippi, to asked for a solution to her current predicament. The blonde woman encouraged her to voice out her situation and to never waver.
"You need to be responsible."

"What did you say?" Alexander spoke in such a way that will bring one person to his knees.

"I'm pregnant." The duchess firmly replied tossing a document at his table. It's an ultrasound report from a respective hospital.