Lightweight N.R

Your POV
I was resting in bed after coming back early from Tony's party. I never want to admit it but I am kind of a lightweight. Okay, not kind of, I am. I only drank two glasses of wine and I can feel my face turning red, heart beating faster than I like, body heating up. I know all these things are happening to me. Nat took one glance at me and told me to head to bed early. I argued with her saying that I'm fine but she was not taking no for an answer. I really wanted to stay and interact more with the team and listen to their gossip but I swear if I didn't leave, Nat was going to make a scene.

I am guessing you have to be really drunk to sleep so quickly. I am too conscious of the sound of my heart beating that I can't go to sleep. I swear I sleep easier when I am sober. I kept tossing and turning in bed but I am nowhere closer to sleep, not to mention how hot I was feeling and how dry my throat was.

Nat came in when the party ended and I glared at her for making me head back early. She always likes to take things a step too far. She could have asked me to stop drinking instead of banishing me to my room alone, leaving all the fun to herself.

"You're lucky I love you." Natasha spoke while changing into her night clothes.

"Sorry?"

"You think I'll allow anyone to glare at me?" I rolled my eyes and face to turn the other side. "Come on... you know I care the most about you." I hummed as she pulled me closer on top of the covers. She knows I get hot easily.

Halfway into the night I managed to slip in some sleep, not before getting a headache. I changed my sleeping position in hopes of easing the pain but it only made it worse. Is this what a hangover feels like? Or is it just a headache? Slowly, I peeled away from Natasha's grip and sat up. I felt a bit better but I can't fall asleep in this position. I squeezed the sides of my head and I felt the pain go down but I can't possibly hold onto this position until I fall asleep. I groaned at not being able to sleep and felt myself getting more frustrated.

"What's wrong?" Nat stirred from her sleep and saw me sitting up instead of lying next to her.

"My head hurts." I said while rubbing my temple.

"Do you want me to get Tylenol for you?" I could hear the concern in her voice with my eyes closed.

"No... I don't want to be reliant on pills." I have been taking flu medication all my life and I feel it's effect is decreasing on me. One pill doesn't work, I have to take two. I don't want the same thing happening for Tylenol.

"You're going to have to take it if you want to sleep." I reluctantly agreed seeing how it was already 4am and I still have work to do the next day. Nat came back with a pill and a glass of water. "It's going to take a few minutes before the effect kicks in, try to rest as much as possible okay?"

I nodded my head very lightly as the action made my head hurt. I snuggled into Nat's chest as I waited for the pain to subside. God, this is why I love her so much.

Somewhere in the middle of the night I must have fallen asleep because the next time I opened my eyes, I saw Natasha staring at me lovingly. "You feeling better?"

"Yes. Thanks for last night." I kissed her on the forehead before getting up and ready to work.

"I'll do anything for you."

"Want to take a shower together?" I heard her scurrying off the bed and coming into the bathroom with me. "I love you."

"I love you too."

Written on 21/9/2021
Posted on 2/11/2021

Based on true story. The day when I wrote Championship pt2, I drank 2 glasses of wine and I couldn't sleep so I wrote that part of the chapter. I did get a headache in the middle of the night and put off taking meds and didn't sleep until 4am. Obviously no one was there to take care of me. I had to do everything by myself. My parents didn't even know I had to get up for med until I told them.