Chapter 26

The Hogsmeade weekend that came the day after was a nice change.
I had time to spend with my friends and distract myself from my feelings for Sirius, and the confusion for what had happened on the full moon.

Because one thing was for sure; I wouldn't ask them. Neither Remus, nor Sirius.

"Let's go to Honeydukes first, okay?" I asked the girls besides me excitedly as we were walking down the path to the village. The day was cloudy, though it didn't rain, and I really liked that weather, so that was one of the reasons for me being so cheery.
"Oh Merlin, yes," Lina agreed happily. "I can't wait to stock up my storage of their chewing gum."

And I wanted to fill up my cookies. I'd been stress-eating a lot these past few days.

We were just about to enter the sweets shop, when Jacob joined us, smiling discreetly.

I was confused about what he wanted from us when he took Aleya's hand and I barely managed to keep myself from gawking at them in shock. When had that happened!?

Jacob whispered something in her ear and Aleya's smile widened. She turned to us. "I'm sorry, would it bother you if I joined Jacob today?"

Valerie shrugged, smiling. "No, not at all. You two go enjoy your day."

It took almost all of my strength to not wrinkle my forehead in confusion. Had they all known about Aleya being Jacob's girlfriend? And why did they act like I had already known about it? I certainly hadn't!

I was a little sad that Aleya wouldn't be with the rest of us throughout the day, but I smiled at her anyway, covering up my confusion and surprise as well. I just waved goodbye and continued the day with Valerie and Lina.

After all of our cravings had been dealt with at Honeydukes, we decided to have lunch at the Three Broomsticks.
I sat facing the door, next to Valerie, so when we were chattering, I noticed the marauders entering the pub.
My heart rate sped up when my eyes fell on Sirius, and I caught myself grinning.

Valerie followed my gaze and nudged my ribs, effectively making me look at her, startled. "What?"
She was smirking. "Nothing. I just thought I'd make you aware of your daydreaming."

Valerie wiggled her eyebrows and nodded towards Sirius, which made Lina turn around on her chair as well. And it wasn't really discreet either. "Oooh," she said and turned to us again. "I see. It's Freya's crush."

My heart dropped and I prayed to Merlin and every God I knew that I didn't blush. "No!" I snapped, acting surprised that they would think that. Aside from controlling blushes, I actually was a really good actress (from years of practice when I was around my father), so I hoped that I'd manage to fool them. They just couldn't know. "He's not," I clarified, shaking my head confusedly.

Actually, it wasn't a lie. Sirius wasn't just a crush anymore, so I felt pretty comfortable and smug in denying the crush part.

I didn't see Valerie's face, but Lina raised her eyebrows. "Okay. If you say so."

Hoping that they would drop the topic, I lowered my gaze to my cup of hot chocolate. I had to drink as much of it as I could, before summer arrived and it would be too hot for hot chocolate.

"So, Freya," Lina started another conversation. "Are you nervous about the final Quidditch match?"

My eyes widened in fear. "Duh!"
How could she have expected anything else?! I never managed to eat whenever I thought about the upcoming match (because of nerves), and that was really saying something.
We were so close to winning the Quidditch cup, and I was really scared to lose it again. "I don't know how I'm supposed to survive this week."