{18}- Greed and Gluttony | To Counter Time's Stillness

The Archbishops of Greed and Gluttony, having now introduced themselves, smiled sinisterly at me as I unsheathed my diamond sword from my waist. Lye, who was not able to stand still, charged at me with insurmountable speed as I barely had time to activate El Akra and block both his daggers.

"Using Lunar Eclipse from the get-go..." I commented as he suddenly seemed taken aback at my remark. "You must really love Dorkell's technique, Leaper, huh?"

"You! How do you know about that!? The man's name and memories have both been eaten by me already! How could you know?" Lye yelled in dismay and shock.

"Well then, the only option is to erase you as well." Lye suddenly activated Leaper again, and disappeared from my view entirely. I struggled to find him, but only felt him touch me before reappearing in front of me as he brought up his hands lick them.

Wait... his hands... did they touch me?

No!

My names and memories... are going to be eaten!

"Well... thank you for the meal." Lye said as he gave one last sinister smile before licking both hands, but contrary to my and his beliefs, nothing happened.

For one moment, we stared at each other in shock, with Regulus also joining in on the surprised expression group. Lye frantically licked his hands again, but had no effect as he suddenly looked at me in surprise.

"Why... why didn't it work?!" Lye yelled crazily as he looked at me in horror. "You're not even using a false name! I would've felt pain if I did eat one! Could you be our mortal enemy... the Nameless?"

Nameless? What does he mean? Do I not have a name? But my name is Y/N...

"Well, if I can't eat you... you would have to DIE." Lye said as he rushed at me again, but I was prepared this time.

"Adamas Wave." I said as the carbon atoms exploded from my hand as diamond materialized and clicked into shape as the sheer reflective force of the creation was hit by Lye's extreme speed, sending him back with the same amount of damage that would hit him if someone was going at the same speed he was.

"Ha! No one can evade Newton's third law of motion! If you want to fight someone properly, go learn physics, maniac!" I yelled at him as he struggled to recover from that shock.

I then turned to Regulus. "Regulus Corneas. Seeing that you do not like to fight at all, would you mind if I went ahead and fight your comrade? I sincerely do not want to ignore your presence, but he is being awfully hostile right now."

"Very well. After all, it is only polite to ask someone to do something while not ignoring them for being there, correct? You also knew my interests, and acted accordingly. That is very respectable. So in return I also give out respect." Regulus noted, and I sighed as I can now exclude the Sin Archbishop of Greed outside of the fight and hopefully have him let us go later.

"However, it is a shame that I could not grant your wishes, due to the fact that I follow the Gospel so faithfully. It seems that I have to step in and intervene now, Deceit."

NO!

Damn the freaking gospel! This is not okay!

Lye got up again and I immediately faltered, not knowing what to do as the Archbishops advanced. Wait... I still have that one trump card left...

"Alchemis. Do you think you can do it?"

"Although the other fight has depleted many mana, I think I can still keep that spell up for around 15 minutes." He said as I nodded, and plan B began.