chapter 20- packing

the few days leading up to that weekend were stressful. the boys talked to aubrey and she was very excited. we decided that we were going to hang out both saturday and sunday in brighton, renting two hotel rooms for us to stay so we don't have to make multiple long trips.

for some reason we all entrust tommy with the privilege of choosing what we're doing over the weekend since he asked to vlog. i just hope whatever he chooses isn't too extreme.

i start stress packing on friday and triple-checking to make sure i have all the essentials. a few changes of clothes, water bottle, shoes, pajamas...

i find myself facetiming aubrey at 11:38 at night to ask for help. thank god she answers after a few rings.

"wilbur," she mutters as she rubs her eyes after picking up. "shouldn't you be asleep? we have a long weekend babysitting two wild animals stuck in teenage boys' bodies ahead of us." i laugh at her joke.

"yeah, but i don't know what to pack..." i say. she scoffs.

"what do you have?"

"clothes, shoes, water bottle..."

"toothbrush?" my face drops.

"i forgot about that!"

aubrey laughs as i scramble to pack my toothbrush.

"what about a brush? shampoo?"

"oh my god. what would i do without you?"

"you'd smell really bad, that's for sure." the two of us laugh.

aubrey guides me through a few other things to pack, and while she's doing so i realize how much more comfortable i've gotten with her the past few days. maybe my feelings are dwindling, after all.

"you're a lifesaver, aubrey, thank you." i check the time and see it's now 12:10 in the morning. "i'll let you go to bed now, i know we have to wake up pretty early to be in brighton by 10."

"that's for sure. good night, wil."

"night, aubs."

we hang up and my cheeks suddenly flush red.

did i just call her aubs?

i facepalm and attempt to conceal my embarrassment as i close my eyes and go to sleep.

∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘

my alarm beeps at 7 the next morning. i wake up with lots of energy, though. i was hardly able to sleep because i've been so excited for this day.

i check our group chat and see a few messages.

winner's pov!!! (update: lol sike jk)

tommy (demon child) innit

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINES!

DO YOU KNOW WHAT DAY IT IS?

tubbee

dude i literally didn't have to be

up for another half hour

tommy (demon child) innit

aww sucks to suck