⤷ 27

"did i scare you?" his raspy laugh made my heart tighten painfully.

"yes you did. how did you get in here anyway? this is a closed society."

"seems like it's not so closed after all. your aunt is a nice woman."

it was silent until he took a step out of the shadows, and slowly approached me. i avoided looking up, and instead stared at the floor.

"i came to apologize."

"what, you admit your mistake for once? is that possible?"

"cut the sarcasm" hissed takashi.

"don't apologize to me. apologize to takeru. after all, the way i see it, you almost beat him hospitalized. not me" with those words i stood up, looking at him for the first time.

his hands grabbed me by the wrists, and with increasing pressure he leaned forward, "but i want to apologize to you"

his gaze captivated me, and i tried to tear myself away. "g-good.. and nice b-but what's with the getup anyway?"

takashi looked down at himself. he was wearing black pants, and a white shirt was stuffed loosely inside. he even wore a tie.

i shook my head. "whatever" i mumbled, trying to squeeze past him.

"i'm sorry" he said again emphatically, holding me close.

"why can't you just quit all this drug shit and do a normal job? do you have to be so brutal? and how do you manage to make me desperate all the time? damn"

takashi shook his head. "i know, i have to change"

"i can't love you like this takashi" i whispered and tore myself away from him.

"y/n!" he called after me but i shook my head.

"go home, takashi" i whispered and turned the corner.

i held back tears as i pushed open the door to the hall and let myself sink into an alcove.

and then it burst out of me.

do you know that feeling when you love someone you're not supposed to love and it tears you apart from the inside?

yes, that's exactly what happened to me now.

i loved him.

━━━━ ⌜ 伏黒恵 ⌟ ━━━━

i couldn't sleep.

not even the night after.

and also not the night after.

i couldn't sleep at all.

i had a bad conscience. i shouldn't have treated him like shit.

i should have discussed the whole thing with him, like an adult woman.

and now he didn't contact me for days.

that night it was especially cold. my window was open and the icy wind swept through my room, making leaves rustle and the wind chime that hung in my room ring.

annoyed, i lifted one foot out of bed and walked slowly to the window to close it.

when i looked out, i could see some shapes in front of our garden gate. it was probably takeru and some of his friends.

he would go back to the clinic the day after tomorrow.

i leaned against the window frame and watched them; one of the boys was playfully pushing another and i heard my brother laughing.

"well guys, i'm going to go inside. see you man."

takeru high-fived his buddies and opened the front door shortly after.

i closed the window and waddled to the door, just in time to catch takeru sneaking up the stairs.

"where have you been?" i mumbled sleepily, yawning.

"i was out" takeru said curtly, pulling his snapback off his head.

"until this time?" i asked, my gaze flickering to the clock above the bathroom door that showed it was already 3am.

"y/n, you don't have to mother me."

"but you don't have to do it with me too" i said bitingly, already a bit more awake.

then everything was quiet. we just looked at each other - until he finally said something.

"i want my sister back"

i spread my arms and grinned at him ironically "here i am, takeru"

"but you are not you"

"yes i am"

"the y/n i knew would never have made out with a fucking dealer"

"the takeru i knew would never have taken drugs" i just screamed it, screamed it from my soul.

"at least i'm not lying to our parents"

"what's going on here?" we both wheeled around. my father stood in the doorway and my mother appeared next to him.

i looked takeru in the eyes, unblinking. "nothing. nothing at all" i mumbled tonelessly, went into my room and threw the door shut behind me.

the shock sat deep in my bones. what if takeru had said something? i didn't want a fight with my family.

takashi.

i had to talk to him, i had to hear his voice. trembling, i reached for my phone and dialed his number.

"pick up.. please pick up" i begged softly, when after a minute the waiting signal still sounded from the receiver.

and then the mailbox came.

"hey takashi, it's me," i fixed the wall opposite me as i spoke, and i lowered my voice. "can we.. meet? i need to talk to you. i'm sorry i took off like that.."

TAKASHI'S POV

the room was only sparsely lit.

i had to squint my eyes to see anything at all, and tried to keep them from closing completely.

i didn't want to fall asleep now. i knew they would take advantage.

a strand of my hair fell into my eyes and i wanted to wipe it away with my hand, but the chain holding my hand prevented me from doing so.

i cried out in frustration and slammed my fist against the stone wall. the skin on my knuckles split open and i hissed.

the trapdoor above me popped open, and i heard someone coming down the wooden stairs.

"are you awake?" a voice all too familiar to me asked, and i groaned in annoyance.

"i hate you"

"oh, no no. we both know you don't."

the footsteps approached and the tall figure crouched down in front of me. his teeth flashed straight at me and i looked up at him powerlessly.

"what's that in your hand?" i grumbled, trying to get into a more comfortable sitting position, but failing, and when my eyes finally focused, i could read what was on the small screen.

Y/N - a new voice message.

"and now, my friend," he put a hand on my shoulder, "who is y/n?"