CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE (PROVE IT TO ME)

I knock on the door and wait. It's been about an hour since I left the vc that he was in, so he might still be on the call.

We haven't talked since the power outage a couple days ago. I think he was kind of avoiding me. Which now that I realize he actually could be Dream. I totally understand. I acted like a complete bitch about it. I mean, I laughed.

He opens the door faster than I expected, so I assume he's not on the call anymore.

He smiles as he sees me, and my heart melts a little. This is the boy that I've slowly been falling for the past couple months. The one with glances and smiles. The one that I've grown to open up to as much as I could.

I don't want that to be ruined by Dream. Dream is someone that I've always looked to as an annoyance. We were never emotionally close. We were loud and abrasive towards each other. Insults were always being thrown around.

I don't wait for Clay to greet me when he opens the door.

"Prove it to me."

He doesn't say a word. He doesn't ask me what I want to be proven. All he does is open the door a little wider and motion for me to come inside.

I follow him through his house. He walks towards the closed door. My heart picks up a little bit. This is not what I expected whenever I thought of all the different things that could be in the room. I'm going to now guess that it isn't a petting zoo like I once thought.

He turns to me as his hand reaches the doorknob. "I'm showing this to you because I trust you, y/n. I think I know you well enough to know you won't dox me, and you haven't done anything yet soo.." he carries out his 'o' as he opens the door, then waits for me to enter.

Inside is a room full of, well, Dream. There's paintings and skateboards and clay models. He has letters and fanart pinned to the walls. Everything is clearly been made by fans.

I circle around the room, careful not to touch anything. He lets me look around for a little bit. He comments on a couple things like "oh that's one of my favorites" or "i think the person made that from scratch". I can tell he really appreciates everything that they've made.

So what? He has a room dedicated to Dream. That doesn't necessarily prove anything to me.

I could argue that he's still not Dream. Just an obsessed fan.

Everything in my heart wants to lean on them not being the same person.

I do a full spin to look at the room then sigh. "It looks like Dream threw up in here," was all I could say.

He chuckles a familiar chuckle, one I can recognize on and offline now. "It's all fan made. I wanted to give them room for all their hard work."

I nod. "How nice of... Dream," I say hesitantly.

"Still can't wrap your head around it?" he asks, seeming like he totally understands.

I gave him a look. If only he knew I was Storm. Then he would understand my troubles to connect the dots. The way my heart is pulling in two different directions all the sudden.

"Follow me." he says as he leaves the room. I go ahead and shut the door behind us.

He leads me into his bedroom.

"I don't think this is a very appropriate time, Clay." I joked.

"Oh come on, y/n, you know that's not what I'm doing." He rolls his eyes. I can all the sudden see Dream sitting at his desk doing the exact same thing as I talk to him in discord.

I'm just having a hard time imagining him as Dream. I try to remember our conversations while replacing the mysterious face I always saw with the one right in front of me, having zero success.

I walk into his room, which I've never been in. He leads me to the desk by his bed, pulling up an extra chair for me.

I notice some glass bottles on his desk. I remember the MCC practice night with Dream, and he dropped all those glass bottles...

I watch as he turns his PC on. He hands me a pair of headphones. He turns towards the computer and presses 'start stream'. I watch as all the viewers flood within a matter of minutes. Insane.

I pull twitch up on my phone. Sure enough it tells me that Dream went live.

I take a deep breath. He looks at me and puts one finger to his lips, telling me to not make noise. I nod towards the computer to tell him to carry on.

"Hi, hey, hello," he says with a little bit of a smile, "I just wanted to, uh, pop on and answer some questions."

He goes about his streaming as he usually does. George and Sapnap eventually join as well.

I bite my lip most of the time. I'm not in the mood to laugh, but I'm worried I'll make a sound for all of chat to hear.

The stream didn't even last an hour. He ends it quickly. He leaves the call with the rest of the Dream Team afterwards as well.

"Oh my goodness," I whisper even once I'm sure nobody but us can hear, "you're Dream."

He laughs. "Yes, yes I am." He extends one hand towards me, "Hey I'm Clay aka Dream."

"Hi, I'm y/n aka..." I almost almost said Storm, but I decided to keep that one a secret for another time. I need to find the perfect moment to tell him. It's a lot to take in. I haven't even fully grasped that he's Dream.

"Listen," he says, "I know this is a lot to take in. I have... quite a large following, and that can be scary. But I'm still Clay just like I was before. Now I'm just Clay with no secrets." He smiles a little bit.

I return the smile. "Yeah, sorry, it's just a lot for me to take in right now at this second."

"Take your time," he shrugs, "at least you believe me now."

I smack myself in the head real fast. "I am so sorry about that. I really didn't mean to. I promise. I just didn't think you were being serious."

"It's okay, I know it's a little hard to believe." He puts a hand on my shoulder. I hate how my heart flutters.

This is Dream y/n. You have to snap out of it now. He's no prince charming.

We talk for a little longer. I can tell a difference in Clay already. He's talking much more freely. He looks like he was just able to grow his wings and just loves that he now has the option to fly whenever he wants.

I can tell that he loves that he doesn't have to hide his job from me anymore.

"....I just have so many supporters. There's a lot of hate, but there's also so much love." He explains.

I understand absolutely everything he's saying. I wish I could convey that I understand first hand, but I'm not ready to explain Storm yet.

Yet.

I leave his apartment late that night with a million thoughts in my head, but one thought stayed persistent throughout my head:

My hot neighbor, Clay, is also my faceless Rival, Dream.

Damn it, what a small world.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

can i just say that writing is getting so much easier for me? like i can easily write these 1200 word chapters now when it used to take me a couple hours.. not saying every chapter is a piece of cake but im definitely getting better at writing

hope you guys are having an amazing day :)

STAY TUNED FOR TOMORROW

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR 45K AHH

WORD COUNT: 1341