Chapter 55: What if he leaves?

Hunter's P.O.V.

It's a warmer than usual night and I find myself sitting on the couch with the thought of: What if he leaves me because I'm too distant? I've refused to even kiss him on the lips. What if he wants to? I'll just have to go through with it. But there's one problem. We need privacy. King and Eda are sitting with us.

Maybe talking to him behind the house? Now that'll work! "Edric. I need to talk with you privately." I whisper to b- boyfriend. I can't even say that word properly? We've been with each other for a while though! "Ok. In the kitchen?" I shake my head at his response. "No, no. Outside." I get up and walk to the direction of the door.

Edric follows me to the door before then whispering to me "That serious? It's not like we're getting caught again?" He chuckles after we reach the destination outside, behind the house. "Soooo, what's this all about?" I furrow my eyebrows in frustration, wondering if I can actually go through with this.

And he must notice my expression even in the dark due to his now worrisome look. "Oh no! Did something happen?!" I grit my teeth, knowing I should just go through with my plan. Instead of going through with it out of the blue, I ask him instead. "Can I kiss you?"

He laughs out loud, making the amused noise for multiple seconds. This makes roll my eyes with an annoyed face. "I know I'm not exactly a Casanova, but you don't need to laugh at me." "No, no. That's not it!" I can still hear traces of laughter before continuing on. "Never would I guess you'd ask before I would. But I didn't think you'd want to."

And now I scratch the back of my head all nervous and now red. Boy, this is embarrassing... "I uhh... Can you do it?" I close my eyes as I've never felt so embarrassed in my whole life. These seconds of silence feel painful till it's broken by feeling him kiss me on the tip of my nose. Once opening my eyes, I'm greeted to Edric as I lightly rub the tip of my nose.

"That was-" "You were expecting me to kiss you on the lips?" I can hear the tone in his voice which indicates a trick question. He knew what he was doing! And he behind to laugh again. "Sorry I just think it's hilarious. seeing you get like this." You mean being embarrassed? Guess I'll just do it myself... I press my lips to his, immediately regretting it after doing so.

Wasn't really a kiss. Just a closed peck.

(How is it? Spelling errors? Cheesy?)