25. Taming a Storm.

The next morning.
Satoshi's POV

I was sitting face to face with Giyu in a seiza position with a table between us. On top of the table were 12 cups containing medicated water. The air was heavy with the tension between us. Kanae, Shinobu and Kanao were watching us. Shinobu then said,
"On the count of three.
3
.
.
.
.
.
2
.
.
.
.
.
1....Goooo!!"

And with that, I grab a cup in front of me and tried to pick it up, but Giyu blocked it. He then grabbed a cup and I blocked it. This went on for the next 10 minutes. None of us were able to pick up a cup, so Shinobu decided that it was draw.
.
.
.
.
.
Everybody got a bath after training and now, everyone was at the front yard. Then, I saw something flying towards us from the right, I looked up at it and saw that it was my crow. I extended my arm and it landed on it.
"CAW! CAW! A HASHIRA MEETING IS BEING CALLED BY OYAKATA-SAMA IN THE HEADQUARTERS!! CAW! CAW! SO, SATOSHI KAMADO, KANAE KOCHO AND GIYU TOMIOKA ARE TO BE PRESENT THERE! CAW! CAW!
The crow stated with its annoying loud voice and flew away.
"Wait! Giyu? If you are attending this meeting, does that mean you are a Hashira too?" I asked him with a very confused face.
"Yeah, I was appointed as the new Water Hashira yesterday morning. And not only me, Oyakata-sama said another boy was appointed as the new Wind Hashira." He replied so bluntly.

"WHAAATTTTTTTTTT!!??"
All of us except Kanao shouted.
.
.
.
.
.
AT THE DEMON SLAYER HQ
(3rd person's POV)

Satoshi, Kanae, Giyu, Tengen, Itaki and Himejima are bowing down in front of Kagaya Ubuyashiki the leader of The Demon Slayer Corps, but a white haired boy with scars all over his body and face can be seen standing with a disgusted and angry face.

The white haired boy : "You sure are high and mighty, right bitch? Or should I say, Oyakata-sama?"

Hearing his words, the Hashiras gets annoyed and angry.

Gyomei : "Shinazugawa, it seems like you don't know how to address people."

Oyakata-sama : "It's fine, Gyomei. Let him talk. I really don't mind."

Kanae : "But Oyakata-sama...."

Oyakata-sama : "Don't worry Kanae."

Shinazugawa : "You are way to obvious. This is all a retarded clown farce. You only see your fucking fighters as disposable pawns, don't you? You don't even understand a single bit of swordsmanship. I can tell at a glance. And this guy's the leader of The Demon Slayer Corps? Absolutely disgusting!!? COME THE FUCK ON PEOPLE!!"

Shinazugawa states clearly angry seeing the leader of The Demon Slayer Corps.

"I m sorry." Kagaya states with a smile. He continues, "I have tried swinging a sword before, but I couldn't even swing it ten times before my pulse went out of control. If it was possible, I wanted to be like you all. A strong swordsman who could protect people's lives with my own body. But, it was just impossible. So forgive me for making you go through all that pain."

Shinazugawa seems to be in a loss of words after hearing this. He wasn't angry, instead, he was feeling a bit of guilt.

Kagaya continues, "If you all were disposable pawns, then I would be one as well. I m nothing but a pawn who moves the demon hunters. So even if I die, nothing will change. Because I already have my successor. This is your first time at a Hashira meeting, Sanemi. So, I think that you just had a misunderstanding. But I m not high and mighty at all. Everyone only treats me that way out of good intentions. But if you don't like me, then you don't have to do the same. Rather than fuss over that, I'd like you to protect people's lives as a pillar, Sanemi. That's my only wish. It was my fault for calling you here right after Masachika died. It must be tough for you since the two of you were as close as brothers."

Shinazugawa is shocked hearing the name ''Masachika.' He mutters to himself, "That name..." which Satoshi happens to overhear. He says, "Shinazugawa, ever since Oyakata-sama took charge, he has remembered the names and upbringings of every single demon slayer who has passed away.

Shinazugawa's eyes widened in shock hearing that as he mutters, "Impossible."

Kagaya stands up and says, "Sanemi. All the children of the Demon Slayer organisation write their own wills. And as for what's inside those Wills, it's rather peculiar. They are all preety much the same. And Masachika's was no different." He slowly approaches Sanemi and takes out a letter from his sleeves. "I wanted to give this to you, Sanemi. Masachika had a dead brother that he saw in you, Sanemi." Sanemi takes the letter and opens it. As Sanemi reads the letter, he starts shedding tears.
After finishing reading it, he bows down in front of Kagaya and says, "I m sorry, Oyakata-sama. I shouldn't have said those words. I m ready to take any punishment f....." He was cut off when Kagaya said, "Why would you be punished, Sanemi? I want all you to live and save people's lives. There is no point in punishing anyone."

Sanemi didn't say anything as he started shedding more tears. Kagaya then dismisses the meeting.

To be continued........

___________________________________________

Author's words

So, it seems like the number of Hashiras are increasing. As of now, we have

Satoshi Kamado - The Sun Hashira

Kanae Kocho - The Flower Hashira

Itaki Sato - The Thunder Hashira

Giyu Tomioka - The Water Hashira

Tengen Uzui - The Sound Hashira

Gyomei Himejima - The Stone Hashira

Shinazugawa Sanemi - The Wind Hashira

And there are more Hashiras to come as well. I m preety sure you guys know who I m talking about.

999 words.

SPOILERS FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER
Read if you want to.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"UMAI!! UMAI!! UMAI!!"