.1. you're in florida

My phone rings next to me on the couch, and I smile when I see the name on my screen. I pause my show and answer the call.

"You're in Florida." A familiar voice informs me as soon as I pick up.

"Well, hello to you too Clay," I laugh.

"You're in Florida, and you didn't tell me." He says again, "When you move back to Florida after two years, then you're supposed to tell your childhood best friend."

I roll my eyes. Clay and I have been best friends since seventh grade. We were next door neighbors until two years ago when I moved away to go to college in Texas.

Clay has obviously missed me if you couldn't tell.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," I say sarcastically, "how could I possibly ever make it up to you, Clay?"

"Shut up, you should've told me," I can tell he's smiling.

In truth, I probably should've told him, but I wanted to be fully settled in first. I need to show him that I'm an adult now. Well sometimes I'm an adult now. And an adult would have their apartment looking semi presentable after living here for two weeks.

Mine is not.

"I know, I know, I'm sorry," I apologize, "I just wanted to get settled in before making big plans."

"Nobody said it had to be big. I just want to see you," he tells me through the phone. I think I hear him drop something on the other side of the phone.

"Okay, then lets make some plans for you to see me, Dream." I laugh, rolling my eyes.

"My family's having their bbq tomorrow," he tells me, "you should come."

"Oh, I've really missed those!" I say, thinking of his mom's cooking that I grew up on.

"Well my mom and sister are going to want to see you." Dream says. He makes noise as he shifts in his seat. "Plus, Nick will be there, so you can finally meet him."

"Nick?" I ask, not remembering that name being mentioned on our phone calls or visits.

"Sapnap," he reminds me, "the one from my videos that moved in with me,"

My best friend Clay just so happens to be the famous youtuber Dream. He makes minecraft videos with his friends, such as Sapnap.

Clay and Sapnap have been friends for years. Longer than I've known Clay. Now they're roommates, which is kind of crazy if you think about it. 

"Ohh," I nod as it all clicks in my brain, "yeah that sounds fun. Is it at your parent's house?"

"What do you think?" I can practically hear him rolling his eyes, "It's been at my house for the past nine years you've gone, y/n."

"Okay okay, I will see you at your house tomorrow then," I laugh.

"Alrighty, see you then" he says, "bye,"

"Byeee," I say before hanging up the call.

I think of all the fun times I've had at their family bbq's. I've known Clay since sixth grade when we rode the bus together. We've been through everything together, even after I went to college and he got famous.

I was there when Clay first started making videos with his friends. He was so excited, and he still is to this day. I remember watching the first manhunt before he posted it. He asked me 'do you think people will like the concept?' George and I were both on a call as we rooted for him to post it. Next thing you know, he has millions and millions of fans. And we still root for him every manhunt.

That would've been the first and only time that I ever actually talked to George on a call. We texted back and forth a couple times, but not a whole lot.

I don't think it would be completely awkward for Clay's best friends to become my friends, but we're from such different worlds that I don't know if we would even click in that way. I guess I do get along with Clay/Dream well enough, and he's in both worlds.

Maybe we would get along.

Either way, I would never want to make Clay uncomfortable by us being super great friends.

I don't know if I've ever talked to Sapnap one on one. I've seen him in the manhunts, and Clay talks about him a lot of course. I think he might've dm'd me once to ask about a birthday present once, but that's about the most communication we've ever had.

I guess tomorrow will be our first official meet.

I hope we get along for Dream's sake.

.author's note.

welcome to my new fanfic!

i've made sapnap such an important role in all my other stories that i thought it was about time that i gave him his proper moment to shine.

also thank you to @OtterSpace777 for the idea to do a sapnap story.. after you suggested it I had a dream about this concept and knew it was perfect for him

ps i know this first chapter was kinda blah but i promise it will get better in the next ones

anyways thanks for clicking on this story! I hope you all enjoy! 

.word count.. 869