"— I can't believe she did that" Yashvi huffed and Asad rolled his eyes at her dramatic antics

There was complete silence for a while as everyone looked at Yashvi. Asad's parents with a smile on their face and Yashvi's parents with embarassment.

Why was their daughter speaking nonsense today?

Tanvi kept her hand on Yashvi's thighs from under the table, silently asking her to stop uttering baseless things.

"She is cute, isn't she?" Asad's mother, Mrs. Yumna asked her husband and he nodded in response.

Last week when Tanvi told her husband about Asad he was angry at Yashvi. He left his food and locked himself in his room. Later that night Yashvi gathered courage and spoke to her father. He didn't say a word on the beginning but when she expressed her feelings for Asad he melted. How can he be mad at his daughter? So, he asked her to invite Asad along with his parents for dinner. And they all are sitting and eating at the same table.

"Bhai jaan I think we should let the kids talk alone and in the meantime we can talk as well" Asad's father said.

"We already know everything about eachother" Asad said and Yashvi nodded supporting him. The idea of leaving their parents alone with eachother didn't sit well with them.

"I agree with Aliyaar ji. Yashu, why don't you show Asad around" Yashvi's father, Mr. Amay said with a smile.

"I don't think it's a good idea" Yashvi said.

"We are not kids, Yashu. Go and show Asad around" Amay said. Yashvi heaved a sigh and got up. 

"Come" she said to Asad who followed her.

"What are you thinking?" Asad held her wrist to stop her as she was walking nowhere in particular.

"About our parents. What do you think? Will they agree?" Yashvi hugged him and hid her face in his chest.

"I have a strong feeling they will" Asad placed a soft kiss on the top of her head and tightened his hold around her. "By the way I am dying to see your room" Asad said to cheer her up.

"I will show you then" he grabbed his wrist and pulled him along with her.

"How is it?" Yashvi asked standing in the middle of her room as Asad looked around.

"Your room is not at all girly. This hardly looks like your room" Asad said as he picked up a bonsai from her study table. Yashvi's room was like one of the rooms that we see in movies. The pastel colours of the wall went real well with the furniture of her room. Simple and classy were the perfect words.

"Shut up, Asad" she lightly hit him on his chest and he chuckled.

"I like your room. Meri hone wali begam ki choice aachi hai" Asad pulled her closed to him and wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Really?" she asked and he nodded.

"You look breathtaking in this saree" he kissed her nose and she blushed.

"Maa ki hai. Waise tum bhi kuch kaam nahi lag rahe ho" she kissed his cheeks. They continued staring eachother and then Yashvi leaned closer.

"Yashvi" Asad held her by her shoulders and took a step back. Yashvi sighed. What was she even thinking?

"Yashvi--" Asad started but Yashvi interrupted him.

"It's okay, Asad. I know you told me that you want to wait till marriage. I am sorry I made you uncomfortable" tears formed in her eyes. She never wanted Asad to feel uncomfortable around her.

"Yashu, it's fine. I wasn't uncomfortable. Trust me I want this as much as you. It's taking my everything to not kiss you right now but I just can't" Asad cupped her cheeks and wipped her tears. He felt bad for rejecting her.

"How long we have to stay away?" Yashvi questioned.

"Just some more time and then no one can separate us" Asad hugged her. 

"Yashvi" Tanvi knocked on her door. "We are waiting for you two in the living room" she continued.

"Coming maa" Yashvi answered. "Let's go" she said to Asad.

Soon they all were gathered in the living room. Yumna hugged Yashvi and kissed her forehead.

"I am so lucky to have you as my daughter-in-law. We promise you to love you like our daughter" Yumna said and Yashvi touched her feet to take her blessings.

"Yashvi, I always wanted a daughter and now I have one" Aliyaar said as he gave his blessings to her.

"It's a yes from our side" Aliyaar said as he patted his son's back.

"I want to talk to Asad before telling my decision" Amay said.

"Of course. Go ahead" Aliyaar said with a smile.

Amay took Asad in a corner away from everyone. "So, Asad you love my daughter, right?" Amay questioned.

"Yes sir. I do" Asad replied confidently.

"Do you promise to keep her happy?"

"I promise to keep her happy till my last breath."

"What if people from Pakistani society says anything to her?"

"I will stand behind her like a rock and I am sure my parents will too. I will try my best to keep her away from toxic people" he replied.

"Asad, I hope you know I have raised Yashvi like a princess. I can never see tears in her eyes. You hurt her you hurt me. If you ever break her heart I will make sure that it is your last day in her life" Amay said.

"I will never intentionally hurt her, sir. I know you love your daughter to moon and back and so do I. You raised her like a princess and I promise to treat her like a queen. Aapko shikayat ka mauka nahi milne dunga" Asad said.

"I am proud of Yashvi's choice" Amay hugged Asad.

"Should we decide the date of marriage?" Amay asked as he along with Asad etered the living room. Yashvi threw herself in her father's arms and whispered a thank you.

"Welcome to the family, Asad" Tanvi said. 

Asad and Yashvi took blessings from their parents and now finally it was time to be one forever.

Don't forget to give your reviews. I eagerly wait for your comments.

Asad and Yashvi are getting married. But what is desi shaadi without any drama.