Chapter 11: Week Suspension

After Mr.Wallis suspended me, I had to go around to all of my classes picking up work from that day, soon to be homework, and work for the week. I've never been suspended before and now I'm suspended because of Chris. The only good thing about this is that Mr.Wallis didn't find out about the gun, in the meeting no one said anything about it. I knew if he did find out about it, he would have got the police involved. I never got the chance to ask Ryan how he knew Derrick but right now, that wasn't my problem. My real problem was my parents finding out about the suspension.

I'm not sure if Ryan got suspended but he sure was waiting for me by my car. I tried to act like I didn't see him, but he soon jumped right in front of my car door.

"What did you do?" He asked me with a straight face.

"I didn't do anything."

"Don't lie to me Mackenzie!"

"You know, I'm really tired of people yelling at me and I'm really tired of yelling. I didn't do anything!" Why couldn't anyone believe me? I really didn't do anything, I told Dominic not to tell Chris.

"You can lie to the principal but you can't lie to me. I saw you talking to Chris and Dominic." He spoke with anger in his voice.

"Hold on, how do you even know Chris and Dom?"

"That's not important. I just need to know what you did t-"

"No. You want me to answer your questions but won't answer mine? Ha....you can get the hell out of my way." I tried pushing his big ass but he wouldn't move. Realizing I couldn't move him, I rubbed my pupils.

"Look, why don't you and I go sit down somewhere and talk about it."

"Ryan, I appreciate you wanting to talk this out and everything but I'm not feeling it." I went to open my door but he stopped me.

"You might as well try to get out or something before your parents find out about your suspension." After the comment Ryan went to walk to his truck, I was going to let him go until I thought about what he said. My parents won't let me out for a long time after finding out about this.

"Where do you want to eat?" I yelled across the parking lot. He jogged back over to me with a smirk on his face.

"I was thinking Pizza Papalis Taverna." I looked over what I was wearing.

"I'm not really dressed for all of that, I look a mess."

"You could never look a mess, you look beautiful." I looked down when he said the last part.

"Ugh! Ok, but you still have to tell me how you know Derrick, Dominic, and Chris." He nodded his head at me as we went to our cars.

Soon he was leading the way to the restaurant,

***********************
We sat down at the table looking over our menus. Before I could really figure out what I wanted Ryan said he called the place and ordered our food already.

"Why would you do that?"

"Because I didn't want to wait for the food to come." He said shrugging his shoulders.

"How do you know that's what I want?"

"Is there something else that you want? Besides the original pizza." He ordered exactly what I wanted but it was the point that he didn't even tell me. Before I could say another word the waitress came.

"Hello, my name is Camilla. Could I get you guys something to drink, if you're not ready to order?" As she spoke she didn't pay me any attention. She was focused on Ryan the whole time. I wasn't mad but for some reason it irritated the fuck out of me.