Chapter 56: Trying to have a talk

Luz's P.O.V.

"Hey guys, where's Hunter? I've just learned new way to use an ice glyph!" Eda opens her mouth to answer my question but the door swings open, revealing Hunter who runs into the house and without closing the door, then running past us. That was so sudden! "Hunter? Is something wrong?!" I speed-walk after him in concern.

"Hunter, wait!" Edric yells out before running after him. What happened? Is it private. I know it's none of my business but... This looks a bit serious. And I follow the two who're in the far end of the hallway. The two staring at each other but Hunter who's obviously a lot more tense. More so than usual.

"What's wrong? Did something happen?" "It's nothing! Nothing happened!" Hunter snaps at me. Yeah, obviously nothing. "Actually, we don't need to talk it. I'll uhh-.. give you some space." Edric comes to me, turns me around and pushes me out of the hall by my shoulders. "Hold on- maybe I can help!" He grabs my hand and pulls me to the kitchen, but not too tightly. I would've protested and fought back I see him put a finger to his lips to indicate to be quiet.

Once entering the room made for cooking, he brings me near to the table and sighs. "I don't know how to tell you this. Don't know if I should even say it... But uhh... Hunter kissed me on the lips." My eyes sparkle at how far their relationship has come. "Aww, congrats-" "But I know I'm the first person he's ever been with. He kissed me, then freaked out and ran into the house. I feel like he felt obligated to kiss me but I don't know how to get him to say it. He usually keeps to himself about normal things."

Oh... I see. "What if I talked to him?" Edric raises a brow at my sentence. "But how can you get him to talk about it?" Hmm... "Well might be too timid to talk to you right now. Maybe I can try." And he sighs again. "Ok, but that could be a little tough. Try if you want." And then he shrugs, looking worrisome, but can you blame him?

I'll just have to see what I can do. I exit out of the kitchen and than enter the hallway, expecting him to be in there. And he is. Right now he's sitting where he was, looking calm but still trying to calm himself furthermore. And his head flicks to my direction at hearing my footsteps. "Not in the mood right now." At hearing this, I put up my hands in defense. "No, no! I just learned a cool new way to use an ice glyph." "I'm listening..." "Come follow me. I'll show you!" I give him a friendly tone, hoping he'll fall for this. I know it's dishonest, but I feel like this is the best way.

I want to lure him into a distraction, and get him to open up about whatever happened.

(Spelling errors? And how is it?)