46|Disbelif

Anastasia's POV:

Positive?

My brain was feeling fuzzy. I was feeling a lot of emotions at once. Confusion seemed to overpower them all. Yes, I know that having sex can get you pregnant, but I was told that I couldn't.

The doctor could see the clear confusion I was feeling.

"I can understand why you are feeling the way that you are. Going through your medical records I saw that you went to a specialist and they told you that getting pregnant was near impossible." She spoke carefully.

"Yes, he did. Are you sure those are my results?" I questioned. I looked over to Evangelina to see her smiling.

"The specialist that you saw was not entirely wrong. He just failed to mention that it is not impossible just harder. Women who have scarred uterus' just have a harder time conceiving, and if they do they end up miscarrying."

"So, that means that I can lose my baby?" My voice became anxious at the thought.

"It is a possibility. However, I want to closely monitor you throughout your whole pregnancy. I need to see how far along you are to see how the fetus has been developing." I nodded my head. She instructed me to lay down and move my gown up.

I felt the cold gel hit my stomach. Closely watching the monitor as she begins to move the probe around. It takes her a while until she finds what she is looking for, my baby.

"You are six weeks pregnant. I am concerned because the baby is looking a lot smaller than normal. Would you like to hear the heartbeat?" I nodded, needing to hear it. It didn't feel real at all.

The heartbeat was rhythmic and lulling to my ears. Evangelina looked like she was two seconds away from bursting into tears.

"As of now everything looks good, but I want you back here in two weeks considering you are at high risk." She instructed.

~

I wasn't dumb, I knew that I had to tell him. It made me nervous not knowing how he would react to this. Evangelina promised me that he was going to be there no matter what, even if the timing wasn't the best. 

I paced around the room trying to come up with a way to tell him. He was currently out with his dad handling some issues with the American mafia. There was never going to be a right time to tell him. Our life is so fast-moving, a moment of peace and solace is hard to find.

However, what scared me the most was telling my brothers. I was not ready to hear what they were going to say about the news. All I had to say was that I will not tolerate any disrespect from them. If I had to I would cut them off especially knowing that I couldn't handle the stress of their disapproval.

I had made up my mind when it came to that aspect of my life. Before telling them Nico was the first one I had to tell.

Dinner was approaching and there was still no news on when he would be coming home. Evangelina and I sat at the dining table. I guess tonight it was just us eating.

"It's like my idiot husband doesn't realize that he just woke up from a coma. He shouldn't be working so hard right now." She sounded irritated. The maid brought in the food which was just some Salmon since I was craving a lot of seafood lately. 

"Have they called you?" I asked stuffing my face with some food. I was highly upset that I hadn't gotten so much as a text telling me when he was coming home. After the whole incident, I felt myself more on edge.