12. What is family?

Dianna sat on the edge of the bed and clipped her bra.

"Running away?" Klaus asked, turning to face her from the bed.

Dianna sighed heavily and replied "This was a mistake. Just because I slept with you, doesn't mean we're together."

"We are married so technically we still are." He said smirking at her. She vamp sped towards him and pulled him into one last kiss.

"I have to go." Dianna said, walking out of his bedroom with her clothes on. The two heard some voices as she froze.

"Is that Elijah?" Dianna asked, speeding back inside the room and shutting the door.

"That would be him." Klaus replied as he opened the door.

"What are you doing!? I told you I'll help you with your prophecy situation. That doesn't necessarily mean that he should know that I'm alive!" She whispered-yelled at him.

"He should know. You have no idea how much they loved you. They mourned you in different ways." Klaus replied, walking outside and looking at Elijah from above.

"Brother, Rebekah is missing. We have to find her." Elijah said with Freya beside him.

"I told you I was pursuing another lead." Klaus stated, annoyed.

"Did you find Aurora? Does she know where Rebekah is?" Freya asked in desperation and concern.

Dianna's eyebrows shot up.

"Aurora had Rebekah?" Dianna asked, coming out of the bedroom and standing next to Klaus.

Elijah's face went pale and he froze in his place.

"Dianna?" He asked in disbelief.

"Hello, Elijah." Dianna replied with a smile, not knowing what to do at that moment.

"You know her?" Freya asked, looking between them.

Elijah sped towards her and examined her face. Nothing had changed. Absolutely nothing.

"How are you here?" He asked gently, not knowing if it was even real.

"I'll explain later. But first, we need to find Aurora. I can do a locator spell with my blood." Dianna said, pulling out a map from her pocket that she had used earlier.

"How will your blood help track Aurora?" Freya asked skeptically.

Dianna didn't reply. She simply slit her palm and chanted as the the blood didn't move from it's place.

"She's cloaked." Dianna informed to the siblings.

"We'll have to do it the old fashioned way, then." Klaus said, putting his hand on Dianna's shoulder.

They all looked confused as hell as Elijah slowly caught up to what he was saying.

"We invite the three to Thanksgiving dinner and simply ask them to hand Rebekah over." Elijah said casually.

"Inviting the enemies to the dinner table? Are you out of your mind?" Freya asked, looking at the two disbelievingly.

"Wait. Whose the third?" Dianna asked confused.

"Your precious lover, Lucien." Klaus replied bitterly.

"Oh." She only said.

"Tell me again who this is?" Freya asked, pointing at Dianna, who seemed to be lost in deep thought.

"That would be Dianna, my wife." Klaus told Freya as Freya looked at him like he had grown three heads.

"And why do you think she's back now? To hurt Hope? To fulfil the prophecy?" Freya asked the two, not believing Dianna for a second.

Dianna looked at her with an angry expression. "I come out prison world after 900 years and I find out that my husband has a child and a family, one which does not include me, and now your accusing me of being the enemy? God, your pathetic! That's it. I'm going to Mystic Falls. Caroline's mother is sick. I have to leave."

"No, Anna wait-" Klaus started but she cut him off.

"It was nice seeing you again. But, I guess some things are just not meant to be." Dianna said as she sped away from there.

In her hotel room, Dianna packed her things and zipped up her suitcase. She took one last glance at the room and left to Mystic Falls, to people who aren't paranoid all the time.

****************

Dianna rushed into the hospital as the first thing she saw was Damon and Elena kissing in the hallway.

"Are you serious? Your best friend's mother is dying and you two are locking lips in a hospital where people are sick and dying?" Dianna asked the two as they broke the kiss and glared at her.

"You know what, Caroline happens to be my only friend so I'm going to go in there and console her while you two do whatever you please." Dianna said in disgust and rushed into Liz Forbes' room. When she did, she saw Stefan hugging Caroline as Liz slowly opened her eyes.

"Caroline." Dianna said as she turned around.

"Hi." Caroline said, smiling through tears and hugging her.

"What if I told you it's not over yet? Maybe there is a way we could save her." Dianna told as Caroline smiled widely in disbelief.

"Really! Whatever it is I mean it's worth a try." Caroline said, clearly happy and interested.

"Negativity and sickness is also a form of energy. Maybe I could siphon it away. I'm not very sure but maybe it could work." Dianna said, very unsure.

"I think you should try it. What she's saying actually makes sense, Caroline." Stefan told Caroline as she eagerly nodded her head.

Dianna sat next to Liz and grabbed her temples. She felt a lot of dark energy fill her as she siphoned it all, until she felt none. She coughed and blinked multiple times as she felt weak. She sat for a few seconds as she felt better.

"I think it worked. We could only find out once the doctor runs a few tests." Dianna said as she looked at Liz. Her vision blurred and her head felt like it was going to explode as she passed out.

******************

Dianna's eyes slowly fluttered open as the first thing she saw was Caroline's face with tears.

"What happened? How is your mother?" Dianna asked, sitting up.

"The doctors got her a CT. The cancer's gone!" Caroline said smiling with tears as she hugged Dianna tightly.

"Um, I think you just broke my ribs, Caroline." Dianna said, hugging back.

"Oh my god! Sorry. Thank you, D." Caroline said as she hugged her again. From above Caroline's shoulder, she saw Stefan smiling at them, most specifically, Caroline.

Dianna smirked at Stefan and raised her eyebrows as Stefan looked away.

_____________________________________________________________________

Hi my lovely readers! I'm sorry for the late update. I was focusing on finishing my legacies fanfic. You guys can go check it out. It's complete.

Liz was an amazing character who didn't deserve to die so I saved her in my story.

VOTE/ COMMENT/ FOLLOW if you like.

Bye!!