35

Feng Yue and Feng Xue watched as they took the man away with them. They knew that the man must be taken to Yuwen International's headquarters, and since he did not know about the twins' existence it's probably better that way. But why did their father lock that man up? And he seemed to be tortured too. It was so baffling.

Feng Yue was still deep in thought when her phone rang. She took it out and saw that it was from Noah.

"Hey there handsome, what's up?" She answered him, knowing that he must be finished with the monsters.

"Just confirming that we still have a date tonight, right?" He sounded light, and cheerful, it made her heart beat faster. Even just the sound of his voice made her dizzy with love and needs.

"Of course, what do you have in mind?"

"Let's meet at this bar, Siren's Song. Do you know where it is?"

"Yeah, I do, great food, great ambience, live music too."

"Good. Eight p.m?"

"I'll see you there."

She put down the phone and looked at a distance, thinking about Noah.

"You do know that you're playing with fire right?" Feng Xue looked at his sister, who was in daze, and couldn't help but feel worried about her. She was too impulsive most of the time, and while she's capable of digging herself out of the hole she was in, he preferred if she did not dig the hole in the first place.

"You only live once. Well, in our case, we live forever, and love only once, isn't it romantic?"

Feng Xue groaned and put his tablet away.

"Love is overrated sis, I'd rather use my time to do something useful, like changing the world for the better."

"Right. That's like a Sisyphean task you got there. As long as the humans are still like they are right now, your effort will be futile, since they love to destroy themselves." Feng Yue snickered, she wasn't too keen on helping humanity ever since she was growing up and understood about seven deadly sins. 

Her brother on the other hand, was always the righteous one, just like Lan Wangji, but she loved him all the same. She just wished they could finish this war sooner so that Feng Xue could do the things that he liked. He helped her because he loved her, not because he wanted to, so she would do everything in her power to protect him. To keep him safe. And to give him the life that he wanted.

"Better than falling in love."

"Fine, fine. Come on, let's go find Duncan and ask him about the man. I get this uneasy feeling in my gut."

Both of them stood up and left the cafe to go see Duncan and asked him what the hell this was all about.

Noah put away his phone with a big smile on his face, and it caused He Xuan to lift his brow in question. They were just back from the DollHouse and secured the monsters inside the containment chamber alongside those who were caught earlier.

"You look like a cat who just swallowed a canary."

"As a matter of fact, yes. Got a hot date with the girl of my dreams after this."

"Ah, the joy of being young and in love." Xie Lian, who just finished casting a restraining spell on the young monsters before sending them back to their respective families, to prevent them from hurting the innocents. Xie Lian was not that nice to adjust the spell for only humans, since humans sometimes were the perpetrators, not always the victims they claimed they were.

"Yeah, I'll send them back to their nest and then I'll be off." Noah started to open the portal array to his first destination, the vampire's lair. He freed the vampires and led them to the portal. They looked confused and scared, and not sure of what to do, after all they were still young and inexperienced. They recognized Noah as Hades, the King of Underworld, since he annihilated many of their people like it was nothing. His power was overwhelming and they were trembling in fear in his presence, not believing that he'd truly let them go.

"Now, don't you guys make another ruckus or I will hunt you and burn your nest down. Capisce?" He spoke of the threat with a smile on his face and it caused the young vampires to shriek and flee toward the portal.

Xie Lian observed him closely. He already mastered most of the arrays and spells, just like this portal one. On another note, Xie Lian was very very interested in Noah's date. If that's who he thought she'd be…

"Noah, I'll help you." Hua Cheng suddenly volunteered himself. "Wouldn't wanna make your girl wait too long." He chuckled. He could see Dianxia's train of thoughts, and he had his own suspicions too, but they would make sure first before taking the next step.  

"Sure, I'll open the portal to the werewolves' lair next and you can line up those pups here and let me give them warning before they leave."

Hua Cheng chuckled while Xie Lian held back his smile. This man was so entertaining and fun, although he believed that he could easily become a demon if anyone threatened the people he loved.

They finished just right when Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian came back with still unconscious Jun Wu in tow. They put him into one of the empty rooms at the back, so that they could monitor his vitals. So far, he looked better after the healing array was cast by Xie Lian, the only thing to do now was waiting for him to wake up.

"So, who is he?" Noah asked Xie Lian. He was curious as to how they knew this mysterious man. He could detect some kind of mixed energy flow inside of him, but it might be because he was in contact with his captors? He just left it to the motley crew to find out, he got an important thing to prepare before he went on a date.

"He's the most trusted advisor of the King. It's more like… a Prime Minister in this world." Xie Lian answered him. He was curious as to how Jun Wu, the skillful martial art and mage, could be reduced to this state.

"Hmm, and no news about his disappearance?"

"As far as I know, no."

It hit Xie Lian that if he was missing, there was supposed to be news about it everywhere. What if they covered it, because… Xie Lian quickly approached Wei Wuxian and dragged her away, then they spoke in a hush-hush voice. Wei Wuxian frowned, scratched her chin, then nodded imperceptibly.

Noah observed them from afar while his train of thoughts continued his crazy theory from before. What if… Feng Yue somehow connected to Wei Ying? He needed to confirm with his own eyes. If she really connected to her in any capacity, he… he didn't know what to do, as a matter of fact. His brain barely processed the fact that those two siblings were actually non-human entities, let alone that the girl of his dreams was somehow… he really couldn't think about it, let alone say it.

He needed to get out of there.

"Guys, I'm off first, just let me know if you need me for anything else." He waved to the motley crew and got his ass out of there as quickly as possible before that dangerous thought poisoned his mind. 

He needed to see Feng Yue. And touched her. And smelled her. And make sure that she was human and all of his fears were just his imagination running wild.

But what if she's not? What would he do?

That was the last thought on his mind before he drove the bike back to his yacht, to get prepared for his first date, with the woman he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. 

Human or not.