4| ʙᴇʜᴏʟᴅɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴅᴅᴇꜱꜱ

THE NEXT DAY...
MID-AFTERNOON 2:30 PM

AADRITI POV:

I got down from the train and heaved out a sigh, tired. I am happy about one thing, the atmosphere of Mumbai and Delhi is different. In Delhi, I got boiled alive, whereas, in Mumbai, the setting is shady now, as the breeze is delicate.

Chilly climate...

I heard the rumbling of the weather, as it made me realize, today gonna be my favorite climate. I took Chiku in my arms, aware he might get crushed in this crowd. Since he is so tiny.

Mumbai is so overcrowded as Delhi, maybe more than that. As I made my way out of the station, trying to not bump on any. Uff! Why this place is so jammed like a highway?

Chiku yelped, getting uncomfortable with the crowd as he has never been in this kind of circumstance, neither do I. To calm him, I began to pat and somehow came near the auto stand.

Thank God!

I opened my wallet and noticed I have around 300 Rupees. It's more enough for today since tomorrow I am gonna join the Company and get half payout.

I went to the auto driver who is in his early 60's and standing at the initial point. I acquainted him, the address of the location. I'm not sure whether he knows that place or not, as it's nothing but a simple hostel.

"Oh, that hostel. Everyone knows it.", he asserted and told me the pay for it. I accepted it and got inside.

Everyone knows!

I tilt my head on the side of the auto coverage, as my eyes began to sag. I'm really in need of a nap, though I slept on the train berth, my back is aching.

On the way, the auto halted, and it is because of the heavy traffic. Oh, My God! What kind of deadliest traffic it is. I've never seen anything like this before. Oh, How I miss Kerala now?

"It looks like your new to Mumbai.", he let out a small laugh, leaving me flustered. Arghh! Aadriti, stop that overreacting manner. Behave.

I told to myself...

Thunder echoed in the distance and lightning flickered, making me shut my eyes, instantly. A shiver has gone through my skin, because of coolness as I felt a small droplet of drizzle in my knuckles. I beamed in happiness.

It's gonna rain...

"Look, Chiku, it is gonna rain.", I told to him, as he is sitting on my lap.

He creaked and pushed his paws out, but pulled them back instantly when drizzle drops on him, which made me laugh at his cuteness. 

The traffic is heavy as the auto moved slowly, it seems like I could walk and reach my destination before the auto can do. My ears deafened at the noise of the signal horn and engine's roar.

Arghh!

I looked at my left side to notice a tiny stall as an older man is selling masala corn. I licked my lips, I wish I can buy it, as its one of my favorite. Besides, in this weather, eating something spicy is a blessing. No words to explain it.

"Anwar Bhaiya, it'll take some time for the traffic to clear. Two buses blocked the road, involuntarily.", I pay heed to a man's voice, who is the driver of another auto.

By hearing it, the engine of the auto is stopped. The driver tilts his head back toward me and stated, "It'll take a lot of time for the traffic to clear. See, over there." He pointed out the polar side of the road, which got a bus stop.