SEVENTY EIGHT 🌸

ARLO GOT out of the shower and flopped down on the bed without uttering a single word to me, he hadn't bothered to blow dry his hair so it was still wet and straightened to his scalp

I didn't like the atmosphere between us. He was tense and one wrong word from me would ignite him like a forest fire. I picked at my cuticles, feeling the tension swell up in between the four walls of this room, it was suffocating and if I didn't address the problem between us now then the whole place was going to blow because Arlo was a ticking explosive bomb.

"Are you mad at me?" I asked, nervously chewing down on my lip. For a short second he glanced at me and then looked away, picking up his phone and started texting into it. I prepared myself to be ignored.

"No." He shut me down eventually, his tone screamed that he was clearly mad.

"You sound mad." I stated, treading carefully.

"I'm not mad." He spoke again, not taking his eyes off of his screen and not sounding any friendlier.

"Well, you obviously are mad." He slammed his phone down on the bed side table and shut off the lamp, rolling to face away from me. "I didn't put the goat in your car."

He rolled back glaring at me with aggravated eyes, "Do you think I don't already know that? Are stupid or something? Just shut the fuck up."

"Don't speak to me like that, it's only a car. It can be cleaned." He rolled his eyes and then turned his back on me, fluffing up his pillows before settling his head back down on them. "Dick." I muttered and he pulled the blanket fully over his head.

I wasn't sure if he was sleeping, I just knew he wasn't talking or engaging in anyway, then again I didn't try with him.

I leaned over the blanket mound and grabbed his phone, ready to shove in his ear phones and listen to his playlists but just as I was about to hit play I could hear the horrifying sound of a familiar cars engine outside.

It was a symphony of perfectly choreographed pistons and rumbles, it drilled into my brain and traveled straight to my nervous system.

"Arlo!" I whispered, shoving him.

"Fuck off Blossom, leave me alone." I shoved him harder, ignoring his disdainful attitude towards me.

"Arlo! He's here."

He sat up and we shared a look, one of worry and uncertainty. Static filled my mind, a buzz of blood and anxiety running riot around my body, it was nauseating.