Sign 5 To Be A Woman

Thalassophobia. 

The fear of deep bodies. 

Oceans spreading across the plants, cover a major chunk of it and continue to increase as the water levels continue to rise, making islands, cities and even continents submerged under the water, thousands of years back. We, as humans, have explored different corners of our solar system and even other parts of our galaxy, and yet are unable to explore the entiretity of our oceans. How much of it have we explored? Thirty percent? Twenty percent?

The answer is five.

Yes.

Even after this massive age of technological advancement, we are unable to go deep enough into our own oceans and explores what lives beside us on the same planet. Species that would eventually disappear before we ever lay our eyes on them. Why?

Is it the fear of darkness? Fear of the unknown that is waiting there for us? Or simply the fear of water? To be submerged within the ocean and become one with what makes our body. 
Water. 
And to physically experience this feeling of nothingness in the dark yet the cold waters clutching your body, hugging you tightly as it pieces your lungs, it's a beautiful place, shining jellyfish projecting bioluminescence, glowing plants seem to reach you, everything is simply floating, inhabiting any form of resistance, unlike you. You can't hear your own screams in this dark, you don't know where you are, all you feel is the soft touch of plants and the slimy touches of fishes whom you obstruct. But life here is laidback unlike the struggles about over five thousand metres above, at the ocean surface where the water beats you forward and back.

It's calming.
Until you feel hands clutching your feet from the yet neverending darkness you see beneath you which takes you down. 
It's the calmness that brings your death.

But nevertheless, it's a beautiful place. 

A beautiful place to be buried, where your bodies would fail to decompose even after thousands of years, frozen in the extreme temperatures unless some fish finds your carcass, a fish that has only met other dead humans. 
Oceans can be scary.
But what about the ocean scares you?

Is it the water that scares you?

"Is everything alright?" Edgar asked.

Or is it what lies beneath it?

"I...I can't go in," Skyler looked at Edgar.
"What? Why? I'll grab the rope,"
"I know..." Skyler looked at the rope, it was slowly starting to resemble a long fish, with a slimy body, black scales and a set of bright yellow, sharp teeth like thick needles, he quickly snapped out of it and looked at the waves around them, "Skyler?"
"I'm scared,"

"Of what?" Edgar laughed, "Sea monsters?"
He shook his head, "I don't know,"
"You are scared of something you don't know?  That just sounds lame,"
"I'm scared of it because I don't know what it is! It's just...a crippling fear that creeps within me every time I step into the ocean ever since that day. It's done something to me,"

Edgar looked at him for a bit, "We should get out in that case," 
Skyler nodded and they both began rowing.

Heart stood on the beach, cold wind was blowing and everyone was packing up the beach chair. That's when Glizzly showed up and stood in front of the waves, submerging his feet into the shallow water as they sunk into the sand. He leaned down and touch the water, holding some of it in his palm, he seemed to be examining it. She looked at him, "...Glizzly?" She asked as she slowly approached him.

He looked at her, "Heart Willington?"
"YES!" She went ahead and hugged him, "Hey! We finally meet!" He released the water from his hands and hugged her back. She moved away, "Wow, you're tall. And...damn, you're handsome too! You must be popular among the ladies!"
He smiled, "I don't go out,"
"You should!" She looked into his brown eyes, "I didn't think you'd show up,"

"Well, I knew you'd spam me with messages if I didn't. Besides, if I can be there for someone, I will," He smiled. It was an odd smile, it didn't looked forced, but it didn't look genuine either. It seemed as if he was smiling at something other than her. His demeanour was all dark with a tinge of a deep rotting red cardigan, and black jeans. Very sad but hopeful, terrible but good, damaged but alive. It's the kind of aura you can live around but never fully love.

"We should go somewhere" He looked at her.
"Why? Don't you like salt air?" 
He laughed, "No, I do. It is just too dark here,"
"So? How is that bad?"
"You don't see shadows in the dark, miss," He smiled.

. . .

"Edgar," Skyler looked at the sky, it was a new moon night.
"Ugh! I can't see shit!" Edgar squinted, "Feels like we are in the Titanic," 
"We're gonna die?"
"Or finally develop a romantic relationship,"
"Well, aren't you a waste of two billion years of evolution?" Skyler rolled his eyes and stopped rowing, "Stop rowing,"

"Why?"
"Do you even know where we are going?"
Edgar looked back, "To the shore..." It was dark all around them, the city lights which they could see at one point had now disappeared, "We're not lost, okay? STAY CALM!" He yelled as he jumped up, "HELP US! SOMEBODY!"
"It would be stupid to continue moving. Let's just stay here and wait till it's bright again,"

Edgar got up and sat beside Skyler, "We are the only ones here, it seems," 
"CALL CYRIL!"
Skyler dialled and Cyril picked up, "Hello?" He seemed to be half asleep.
"Cyril, we're stuck into the ocean,"
"I'm sorry...What?"
"It's Skyler-"
"A WHALE IS GONNA EAT US!" Edgar screeched and he jumped on the boat and created panic.
"Calm down, you dick-"
"I'm literally on my second guardian angel right now. The first one quit and is now on therapy! SAVE ME!" He slapped Skyler's hand and the phone fell into the water.

"THE PHONE! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE, SKYLER!"
"You're the worst person to be stuck into the ocean with,"
"Well, I'm sorry I'm not Bear Grills!"
"I said ocean, not-" Skyler stopped and sighed, "Nevermind,"

"Dear Lord, my saviour. I know I took naked pictures of Emma in her changing room, but I swear to you, I'm a good man. Imma never comes to the ocean in the dark. AH! THE WAVES ARE MOVING! JESUS IS APPEARING!"
"You're just high, go sleep," Skyler rubbed his forehead, feeling sleep slowly hit him, "NO! YOU CAN'T SLEEP!" Edgar grabbed his shoulders and shrugged him, "Skyler! STAY AWAKE!"

"I can't, you know I can't," 
Edgar looked into his eyes, which were struggling to remain open, 
"I have an idea," He looked serious, "We can suck each other off to keep us awake,"
Skyler kicked his balls, "Suck my sadness out, daddy" 
"My balls! MY BALLS! Now that they have been crushed, I'm sure it's a sign of doom!"
"Doom of what? Your kids?" 

Edgar stopped at once and continued laying on the boat, "Do you think Cyril would come?"
"He would. I know he would,"

Cyril grabbed his surfboard, torch, wore a vest over his boxers and ran outside his house with his phone, still in his slippers. It was dark and cloudy outside, covering all the stars. He ran towards the beach, and held his phone against his years, he could not reach Skyler's phone anymore. Suddenly, he ran into a group of guys drinking on the beachside. He removed his slippers and kept his phone aside when a guy approached him.

"Hey cutie, nice outfit,"
He realised he was a girl now, it was dangerous to be out that late at night.

-To be continued

Cyril Edwards Undercover Blue Riot

Cyril Edwards 
Undercover Blue Riot