4: Hypothesis

Katherine (Y/n's Mom)

_________________________________________

I walked out of my room, ready to head out, only to see Y/n's lunch sitting on the counter. I sighed to myself and checked my watch. I have time to swing by his lab before I have to get to work. I grabbed his lunchbox and drove to Oscorp, and went inside.

I walked up to the front desk, and the secretary smiled at me.

"Good morning, Mrs. L/n. Did Y/n forget his lunch again?" She asked.

"He sure did. Sometimes I think that boy just doesn't appreciate my cooking." I said to her.

"My son is the exact same way. Go on ahead and bring it up to him. You remember which floor it is, right?" She asked.

"I sure do. Thanks." I said.

I walked into the elevator and checked my watch. Damn, there goes my plan to stop by the bakery on the way. The door opened, and I stared on shock at what it revealed.

Y/n was sitting on the floor, leaning against the now empty lizard cages. The freed lizards are all sitting around him, or on his lap. There's on especially colorful one sitting on his head. That wasn't my concern, as Y/n told me about how he lets them out of their cages sometimes, my concern was the two gators that were laying beside him, staring at me.

"Hey mom. What're you doing here?" He asked me nonchalantly.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN!? WHAT ARE THE GATORS DOING OUT!?!?" I shouted.

"Hm? Oh, John and Jackie. They were jealous of the others so I let them out." He said.

"Y/n, honey, you're a really kind boy, truly. However, those are ALLIGATORS! THEY DON'T FEEL JEALOUS!" I exclaimed.

"Sure they do. They have feelings too." He responded.

"So do I! Get them back in the cages, I feel uneasy with you being around them when they're IN the cages. This is a nightmare for me." I told him.

He sighed and motioned towards the opened spaces.

"You heard her guys. Back in the cages." He said. The two animals let out what sounded like exasperated growls and trudged into the enclosures.

I watched in amazement as they closed them with their tails.

"They're trained?" I asked.

"Uh, sure." He answered.

He stood up, and gently grabbed the lunchbox from me, and lightly pushed me back into the elevator.

"Thanks for stopping by, mom. See ya later." He said, waving as the door closed. What the hell? Did he make some kind of thing to let him talk to reptiles?

_________________________________________

Y/n

_________________________________________

I sat down at my table, and opened the box to reveal a panini. I took a bite, and nodded to myself. I held it up for Connie to take a bite, only to realize Connie isn't on my head. Oh well, she's probably hanging out with her lizard friends.

I ignored it and sighed to myself at the sight of all of these lizards. I sent a text to Norman about releasing these lizards, after telling him it was a bust. He texted me back, and we got everything sorted out.

All of the lizards are gone, except for Connie, John, and Jackie. I set my phone down, and turned towards the two gators, now back out of their cages. I looked at my right arm, and remembered when it was a reptilian arm instead, and the fact that I can comminicate with reptiles now.

As I thought about the sensation, my arm started changing back into the clawed monster arm it was before. I clenched my jaw, and before my new claws could stab into my skin, it hardened into scales.

"Wait, what was that? I didn't try to do that." I said to myself.

Perhaps your body developed new self preservation techniques in light of this situation. That is possible, yes? Jackie offered.

Woaaaahhhh, you have self defense mode!? John exclaimed.

"Maybe." I muttered to myself.

We should test it out somehow. Jackie said.

"Right, but how?" I asked. I looked around the lab, deep in thought. I was brought out of those thoughts, by Jackie latching onto my arm with her teeth, showing no intent on letting it go.

I shouted in shock, only to calmly extend my now reptilian arm. I held up the weight of the gator with no issue, and her bite didn't even hurt, it just caught me off guard.

"Woah, this is definitely some kind of super strength." I said to myself. "You weighed one hundred ninety-eight pounds last time I weighed you. This brings up so many more questions, all of which I need answered. What do you guys say we do a little bit of testing?" I asked, causing John and Jackie to look at each other and smirk.