45. parenthood

the addition of two little feets in the jeon-kim household had literally turned the otherwise silent home into a cacophony of little cries and whimpers, alongwith the tired groans of adults,

especially when little jiwonie wakes up at three in the morning with her cries and gurgles filling up the house.

both the new parents had decided to keep the crib in their room for the first few months, then move the baby to her nursery.

so hearing her cries in the stillness of the room either always had jungkook bolting up off the bed startled or the alpha groaning into the pillow lamenting over his lost sleep.

"i got her" jungkook had announced when he felt taehyung stirring beside him, the alpha already moving away the covers before dragging himself to the crib.

just at the shadow of her father, the pups loud cries had simmered down to low whimpers, big round eyes curious and chubby hands already up in the air.

"is my jiwonie already awake?" jungkook coos, laughing when the pup start to excitedly kick her legs in the crib, making keen sounds as she stared wide at her appa.

"do we need to change the diapers here?" jungkook singsongs in a baby voice as he inspects, but thankfully it was clean. there is nothing more jungkook hates than have to handle dirty diapers in the crack of the dawn.

but then the pup start to whine again, cries turning louder as she start to flail her arms around.

"i think she is hungry" taehyung was up hearing the cries again, his cherry hair a wild mess as he rubbed his tired eyes.

meanwhile, jungkook was making cooing noises and funny faces as he gently lifted the crying baby up, then taking her to taehyung.

the pups wails had died down just at her mothers scent; now in taehyungs arm she was excited as her mouth eagerly searched along the others chest, then frustratingly chewing on the omegas pajama shirt when she couldn't find what she wanted.

taehyung laughed despite his tiredness, leaning onto jungkooks chest when the alpha sat behind him, as taehyung moved away his shirt, hissing when the pup eagerly latched onto him.

jungkook was by his side, kissing his mating mark and hand gently rubbing his waist.
at the first few weeks, feeding the baby was torturous for the omega, his chest sore and hurting all the time so much that he would sob whenever the pup cries for milk.

so it had became a habit since then- jungkook beside the omega whenever the pup feed, releasing his calming pheromones and murmuring reassurings to the other.

"she's already so strong" jungkook comments proudly seeing how the pup had curled her fist around one of jungkooks fingers, keeping it close to her in a death grip.

taehyung hums, smiling down at the big eyes of the pup eagerly on him as she nursed, little nose scrunching and tiny feets sometimes kicking up in happy content.

thankfully the pup was full soon, her head now resting on taehyungs shoulder as the baby slowly went back to sleep.

jungkook was yawning by the time they got back into the bed, pulling taehyung closer to him as they easily slipped back into the much needed sleep again.

□□□

the next morning, taehyung was in the kitchen lazily making pancakes as he smiled to himself hearing his mates and pups sound from closeby.

"appas little alpha, arent you?" jungkook make excited voices, sitting on the floor surrounded by all sorts of toys with the pup on his lap.

when the alpha blows a raspberry on the pups tummy, she squeals, her giggles filling up the house; it so contagious even taehyung laughs in the kitchen.

the pup flails her arm, the cotton doll in her hands moving in the air with it until it hit jungkook right on the nose. the alpha scrunches his face, then letting out a loud sneeze that makes the pup startle as she jumps in his arms.

then she started getting grumpy, making angry noises at her alpha father, causing jungkook to take her up, rocking the pup in his arms as he goes to the kitchen.

just at the sight of her eomma, jiwon angles her body to the omega, babbling things in between her drool bubbles as if she is telling jungkook off to the other.

"aigoo my baby. was appa being a meanie?" taehyung coos, the excited babbling only increasing at it as the omega takes the pup into his arms.

"traitor!" jungkook fake gasps, taehyung giggling at it as the alpha goes to finish up cooking the breakfast.

in an hour, jungkook was ready to leave for the day, hoseok already at the door talking excitedly at jiwon in his arms, the pup attentively looking at hoseok as if she understands everything the alpha is saying.

"look jiwonie, its a rose!" the alpha was nearly shrieking as he took the pup around the garden.
"isn't it beautiful? not as beautiful as our jiwonie of course" hoseok was going onto his narrative, increasing the excited noises he make everytime he get a reaction from the pup.

soon jungkook was by the door, taking jiwonie into his arm and baby-talking to her,
"appa will miss you, jiwonie. dont give eomma a hard time, hm?" the alpha says, the pup only blinking at her appa, then biting onto her own fist, smearing drool onto her cheek.

then the mates say the goodbyes, even if jungkook is just leaving for his job and will be back by evening, the omega always missed the other dearly.

they give sweet kisses between "i love you"s by the doorway, unwilling to let go of each other,

"yah! stop terrorizing the pup with your romance. we're going to be late!" hoseok calls out from outside,

and jungkook takes it as his cue to leave- giving one last kiss onto taehyungs lips and another on jiwon's forehead as the alpha sprinted out, heart clenching in happiness when he turn his head to see his beautiful mate smiling widely, waving jiwons tiny hands the alphas way,
him feeling like the luckiest alpha in the whole entire world.

□□□

a/n: because i know everyone loves parents taekook!