0͜͡4͜͡2͜͡

Practice

꧁Practice꧂

☆☆︎☆

You'd texted Takahashi about practice and he'd jumped at the opportunity. Him saying he could be ready in less than ten. Which sent you racing to get ready yourself before heading to the entrance of the school so that you would be there when he came by.

Not too long after you got outside there he is. "Y/N!" You rush down the stairs, excited to practice your jump. As soon as you get to Takahashi's side he greets you with a side hug "So, you said you wanted to try doing a quadruple jump?"

You nod, "Yeah. I'm a little late to the game but i'm sure I'll be able to pull it off come the U-19's competition time in the winter."

Takahashi let's out a low whistle "Goals are great things to have y/n, but like I said. Don't push yourself too hard or else something bad could happen again."

You wave him off "I know, I know. Don't worry though, I've got this."

***

You struggle your way into the cafeteria. Takahashi's parents were not kind with you. But hey, at least they fed you before practice but now you were starving. All practice you'd been hounded. As soon as Takashi said the two of you would be working on jumps, quad jumps in particular they were on it. Within seconds of entering the rink they went from a sweet middle aged couple to practical demons.

"Y/N? What happened to you? You look like death." You give a look to Kai.

"I feel like death. Practice was not kind to me today and i'm absolutely starving."

Kai looks thoroughly concerned, "You left early this morning right? Shouldn't you be trying to get some sleep?"

"Can't. I have to get you guys ready and watch your games. I'll nap during breaks."

"Eat first." Next thing you know Kai is removing your skating bag and gently leading you to the front where the food line is.

"Y/N, you look like hell... what happened?" Kaori ask.

"I had a brutal practice this morning." You answer, a slow blink accompanying your words.

"You look like you need a nap."

"I feel like I need one too."

"You should rest for the first few games. Nekoma plays later today, so you have some time."

"Yeah," You're cut off by a yawn "Maybe I will."

***

You wake up, feeling refreshed. Kai, being the vice captain and him witnessing your dog tired state had decided that you, in fact, did not need to be watching games and instead were sent to your room to get some sleep. But now you were awake and bored, ready to conquer what was left of the day, and seeing as it was only 10am there was a lot of it left.

You make your way out of the room and stumble across Yachi.

"Yachi!" The blonde turns to look to see where her name was called, seeing you there she pauses, in a panic. "Yachi, hey." You walk up to the first year with a friendly smile, completely oblivious to the absolute wreak she's becoming.

"Y-y-y-y/n," She squeaks out.

"Oh, you remembered!" You give the girl a blinding grin "I'm glad. How've you been?" You ask, falling into step with the younger manager.

"Oh- uhm, good?"

A small chuckle leaves you "Alright, how's Karasuno been?" And that gets her going. She's ranting about how good they are, even with all the losses and then goes on about how they're persevering and doing their best, talking about Karasuno going to nationals and something about a villager B. Yachi gasp before immidetly slapping both of her hands over her mouth and looking up at you wide eyed. "'M Sof, Prohbd annoshing." (My sorry, I'm probably annoying) She says.

You wave off the younger with a smile "You're fine. I promise, I like hearing what others have to say, especially seeing as we haven't had the chance to truly talk yet. I've talked to Shimizu san some but never you one on one. It's been nice talking to you Yachi."

A tinge of pink comes over the first years cheeks "Thank you senpai."

"Of course Yachi, but uh," You let out an awkward laugh as the two of you wander around the hallways "Where exactly are we going?"

"Oh! Some of the Shinzen's parent association brought some watermelon's so we're gonna cut them and serve them to the boys."

"Sounds fun!"

__

Not too much later, you were all done cutting the watermelons and were just plating them and carrying them outside by the gym doors, without actually going through the gym so as to not ruin the surprise.

You were the last one out with you, somehow, carrying four plates with two in your hands and two on your forearms. You gently set the plates down, ready to let Outaki know that she can go ahead and call out the players, which she did.

Next thing you know you're all bombarded by sweaty volleyball players vying from some watermelon. All you do is point in the direction the watermelon is at and their off.

Eventually all the players have grabbed some watermelon, a few plates simply taken, and have nestled themselves in the grass, ready to relax for a little while.

"Y/N!"

You turn to the call of your name "Oh, Yaku." You give the other a smile "How are you?"

"I'm fine. If anything how are you? Kai told me you looked practically dead earlier this morning?"

"Oh, yeah. I just needed a nap and I was fine. Ice skating practice was just a bit harder than what I anticipated it to be."

Yaku gives you a friendly slap on your back "alright, just make sure to take care of yourself." And with that he's gone. Off to talk with some others, however you find it sweet that Yaku stopped to make sure you were okay.

"Senpai!" Ah, Lev. "Senpai!" The russian puppy crashes into you wrapping you into a hug as he does, "Senpai i missed you! Kuroo told me you died!"

You stare dryly at Kuroo's back, him not being hard to find due to his awful bed head, "Oh, did he now."

"Mhm, but that's okay!" Lev hugs you even closer to him "Because you're ghost is here to keep me company!"

"Yea--" You pause "what?!" He can't be that dumb!

__

A/N:

Sorry about the long wait. Just had somethings going on.