[ 𝟎𝟎𝟎. 𝟐𝟏𝟔 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬. ]

" 216 days

" 216 days. "
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

august 17, 2011
( 12 days after the incident )

   a faint beeping sound filled the room, the scent of rubbing alcohol and bleach filled her nostrils as wheelchairs were rolled down the hallways and footsteps were heard from outside the room. inside the room with light blue walls and a single hospital bed with machines attached, laid a pale and sick-looking athena mae rose. her chest rose slowly and her eyes were shut looking peacefully asleep. her right hand is attached with an IV and a nasal cannula in her nose.

her ocean blue eyes slowly flutter open as she hears the door open, she groans as she tries to sit up, melissa rushed to her side helping her up. 'Hi honey did i wake you? " nurse mccall asked apologetically as she fluffed the pillow behind athena.

  she shakes her head in response still refusing to speak, melissa sighs in disappointment.  athena hasn't spoken a word in 12 days. and it worried her.

     melissa took out a pen and paper
" wellhere's the pen and paper you asked for well.. more like texted me " she chuckled lightly trying to lighten athena's mood.

but she only got a faint smile to appear which was progress. melissa sets the paper and pen on her bed table before turning to leave. but athena grabbed her forearm softly causing melissa to halt.

  she looked at the athena with her eyebrows furrowed " wha " she cut herself off when she felt a buzz inside her pocket. pulling her phone only to see a text message.

' thank you mel. '

   nurse mccall looked up at her with a sympathetic smile, athena couldn't help but have a small smile on her face. " well i have to go.. to more patients to check, have a good rest sweetie. " she sent her one last sympathetic smile before leaving the room.

   she nods before looking down at the paper and pen. hearing the door shut athena exhaled loudly looking down at the pen and paper. her hand shakes as she slowly grabs the pen. she bit her lip in concentration trying to grab the pen.

  she huffs in annoyance since she barely had any strength to even hold up a pen. so she used her left hand to slowly guide her other hand with the pen in it, to the paper and began to write.

dear isaac lahey,

hi isaac. it's me athena your ex-bestfriend? or still bestfriend? i'm not sure anymore. it's been 216 days since you've started to ignore me, and i'm getting a feeling you won't talk to me or even look at me anymore. it's not like you can.

i'm writing you this letter because i don't know how to communicate with you anymore. i miss u a lot. you were my best friend, my only friend. and i really need you right now. i've been calling but it looks like you changed your number since you never answer. and you've been ignoring my mom too so..

i think it's a sign you hate me. what did i do? if i did anything wrong i'm so sorry. i wanna make it right but i'm not really sure what i did.

i don't even know what to write to you. i guess ' i miss you ' says it all.

i love you lahey, and i wish you were here right now. i don't think i can do this without you.

i don't know what to do anymore.

i mean, i literally can't do anything anymore other than writing to you. this is my 16th letter? not sure i lost count. but i just wanna say please read this letter before the others.

all my letters sum up what the hell happened to me while you were God knows where.

times running out lahey. i hope i see you before-

  pain shoots up her chest causing her to drop her pen. the heart rate monitor starts to beep faster. her vision blurs as she tries to focus on her breathing, she felt a lump in her throat  causing her to quickly moved to the side of the bed throwing up on the floor.

  melissa mccall watches the patients on a monitor screen, she comes across a teenage girl on her bed clutching on her chest, her brown whiskey eyes go wide recognizing the girl. she abruptly stands up "Doctor Jo!" a raven-haired doctor's eyes instantly land on melissa who had a frantic expression on her face causing dr. jo to worry.

  " mel are you- " melissa cuts her off " it's athena " she exclaimed grabbing her stethoscopes before running towards the teenage girl's room.

the doctor matches her frantic expression running after melissa. dr.josette runs into athena's room with wide eyes " oh my God athena?!- Athena! "

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

word count : 841 sheesh this is short

ik ya'll are probably confused...just wait.. *laughs evilly *
i had a whole breakdown writing this cuz idk if it's good-

YA'LL ALWAYS REMEMBER THE DATES. IT'S VERY IMPORTANT.

i make edits for the book !! go check it out 
( my tiktok is @divinesluvr )

go follow me! stay safe. stay stunning. i love u <3

- gorgeous astrid <3