Chapter - 30

"Ma, please don't ask me why? But I am not in state of mind for marriage with Nikhil. Lot of things have been changed in this 9-10 month. I trusted wrong person with my life." Swara finally voiced out her inner thoughts to her mother over video call.

"Shona what are you talking about?"

"Ma, Nikhil is not the one for me." she took deep breath declaring her final decision.

"Shona, I am not understanding anything. Nikhil says everything is going on fine between you two and here you are saying this..." Anurag became perplexed.

"Papa he is just creating a façade. Do you trust me?"

"Of course, Shona, is this anything to ask?"

"I know Ma. I am sorry to put you and Papa in this mess. But Ma, I have made my mind. I know, I owe you and his family an explanation for my decision. I will talk to Nikhil and his family personally. But before that just avoid this marriage topic. Please." Swara pleaded to her parents.

'I have to bring Ma and Papa here first. Then only I can convey my decision to Nikhil. If I, do it now, for sure he will create chaos. Papa will not be able to bare it. I need to give detailed explanations to Ma and Papa for my contract marriage with Sanskar. It's high time they are in dark. I just hope they both will understand me.'

"Ma, don't pressurise Di." Rohan's voice broke her trance. "I am with you Di."

"But how are we going to handle all relatives and society?" Reva turned panic.

"You don't have to worry about them. I will be the one facing them. I promise, I will not allow anyone to raise their finger on the upbringing you two gave to me." Her determined voice added more confusion for her parents.

She ended call with her parents.

'Good decision Di. Don't worry, I will talk to Ma and Papa about Nikhil.' Message from Rohan brought satisfactory smile on her face.

'Thank you'

'Send me all list of documents, I am applying for Ma and Papa's visitor visa.'

"Ms. Mehra, Sir is not inside"

Swara turned to look at Mike helplessly.

"Ok"

"I will inform you once he is back in office." Mike recited as usual.

It was two weeks for Granny's death, her last meet with Sanskar. Swara was trying her best to return to her normal life, but his thoughts used to haunt her.

Over last two weeks she had called Sanskar numerable times, messaged him, there was no reply from his side. And then one day she received blocked notification from his number.

She called Julia to inquire about him. 'He left from here the next day you went back to city. Is he still not at home?' Julia's worried reply increased her panic.

She somehow managed to give lame excuses to Julia but her heart was sinking with each passing day with no news of Sanskar.

Earlier, she had hoped that he will burying himself in office work. This hope made her to go to his cabin for updates every day.

And every day she used to return to her seat being disappointed.

She even tried to call Roger, but he was also not reachable. She knew he was the most loyal employee of Sanskar who would not take even a step without his master's permission.

"Today also he did not come?" it was question from Brittany.

"No" Swara mumbled controlling her tears.