Chapter Twenty Five: Day Two/Escapism

Gabriel was the first one to shift in the so-called bed, in the morning. He looked around him to see that no one was awake, still. He looked beside him to face Nathalie, who was still peacefully sleeping. He stands up and continues to examine the place. Windows nailed shut, no doors can be seen, almost every exit is blocked. How are we supposed to get out of here? He thought.

Nathalie was the second to wake up. She stretched her arm, supposed to give Gabriel a hug, but the side Gabriel was on, was empty. She carefully sat up in her position to find Marinette and Adrien still sleeping. She got out of bed and went to search for Gabriel. Where could he be?

She eventually found him looking for an exit again. She placed her hand upon his shoulder and leaned into him.

"You should have told me that you already woke up." Nathalie uttered.

"I didn't want to disturb you. You were sleeping so peacefully. Besides, the effects haven't worn off yet. You need the rest. For your health and the baby's."

"But still, you shouldn't go off like that, you worried me."

"You're right. I'm sorry." he apologized.

Nathalie gave him a hug and it seemed like she wasn't planning on letting go of him anytime soon. Gabriel of course hugged back, but was a bit confused. Is she mad at him or is he forgiven?

"Should we wake up the kids or will we let them sleep in?" Gabriel asked.

"Give them a few more minutes. Then we'll wake them up." Nathalie replied.

"Okay." He gave her a kiss on her head and they continued searching.

"Gabe," she stammered. He instantly turned to see her clutching her head. He immediately rushed over and grabbed her. He held her against his chest for a few minutes. "I think I'm okay now. But I think I should go lay down for now. If I need anything I can just wake up Adrien or Marinette."

"Alright. Let me escort you there though. Never want to be too reckless, right?" She nodded and headed towards the makeshift bedroom. Gabriel sat down beside her for a few minutes and rubbed her back. When she finally drifted off, he kissed her head, then left the room.

He was worried for her, but was glad she had asked for help when she needed it. But he still needs to look after her more often. He trusts her, but he needs to be sure no matter what.

A half an hour later, Marinette woke up. Adrien was still asleep beside her and Nathalie was on the other side of the mattress asleep as well. She sat up and yawned. She heard a groaning noise next to her. "Miss Nathalie! Wake up!" she begged, tugging on her shoulder. Nathalie opened her eyes and sat up, a pain going through her chest.

"Please.. get Gabriel.. Now." she said, weakly. Her head felt like someone was hitting it with a hammer while her whole body was burning up.

"O-of course. I'll get him now." Marinette tried to rush out of the room, but tripped on Adrien, waking him up. "Sorry, kitten! Stay with Nathalie please. I have to go find Gabriel!"

Adrien didn't have time to answer because Marinette already left the room. "What's going on..?" He turned to see his mother in severe pain, barely being able to sit up.

"Mom! Are you okay? Where does it hurt??" He panicked.

"Everywhere.. It hurts.. Everywhere." Nathalie stated, voice barely audible.

"Don't worry, Mari is already searching for father! You'll be alright."

Nathalie didn't have the strength to reply to him. She only clutched her head even more because of the pain. And then she started coughing. Her throat hurt every time she coughed, and she could taste her own blood.