Fifty-Three.

-Ellie-

Since I was no longer working at Hogwarts, I had my older children keep me updated. I found out that Professor Slughorn was back at Hogwarts teaching potions and Snape was teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts. Well, it seems like Severus has finally gotten what he's always wanted. Bradley told me they have very intense security to keep the kids safe. Which made me feel better.

Bradley also told me that it's weird not to be able to go to my old office and see me. That made me feel bad, of course. But he will realize that he doesn't need me there at school with him. I didn't have my parents at Hogwarts and it was great. Lily needs me now, more than my older children do. It's sad but it's just the truth.

September went by quickly, and Dumbledore had a special assignment for Remus. He wanted him to try to get some other werewolves to get them on our side of this fight against Voldemort. He's promising them a great future. Jobs, housing, all of it, but we know he is only saying that to get time on his side and when it comes time he won't keep his promise.

I didn't want him to go. The entire point of me not going back to work at Hogwarts was to spend time with my husband and our toddler and Dumbledore had wished him off to live on the streets like he was the monster that everyone tells him that he is. I was angry, of course, because I didn't want Remus living on the streets. He had to leave his wedding ring at home and act like we weren't married and that Lily didn't exist. I didn't like that at all.

When the first Hogwarts Hogsmeade visit came in November I was excited to see my older children. Lyanna said she was meeting George at the Three Broomsticks for butterbeer. So I decided to stop by and say hello with Lily. We wouldn't stay the entire time, because I knew Lyanna wanted to hang out with George alone. But we wanted to at least say hello.

I was holding Lily when we entered the pub, and she got so excited when she saw her sister. Well, actually it was probably because George was here. When we approached the table, Lily cooed loudly. "I think we know who she wants," I said.

George stood up and held his arms out, "Come here, Lily."

She hugged George tightly around his neck. "I'm her sister, I haven't seen her in months, and she's obsessed with my boyfriend."

"He is a great guy," I said, and I kissed my daughter's head before I ruffled George's hair a bit and kissed his head. "How are you, Georgie?"

"I'm great," he says, "The store is doing great. We're one of the last few shops open on the alley."

"I hope you guys are staying safe out there," I said.

"We are," he assured me. "We're being very safe."

I was happy to hear that. We sat for about a half hour before we headed out. We wanted to give George and Lyanna some time alone. Lily didn't want to leave, but she calmed down once we left the pub. She got excited to see her older brother once we found Bradley.

He seemed to be in better spirits than he was this summer. He said that being Quidditch Captain was keeping him busy and that the teachers have been piling on the homework this year because he's a N.E.W.T. student. I was glad that he was doing well. He was so down this summer after the whole Walker situation.

We ran into Neville Longbottom walking alone eating sweets. He was happy to see us, and he asked where Remus was and I had to tell him he was on an assignment for Dumbledore. He told me all about how awesome he was at The Ministry this summer, and I smiled proudly. I wished that I could have been there.

I ended up giving them some galleons to go have some fun at the Three Broomsticks. Bradley hugged me and said, "Thank you," before they walked off together. He still had a crush on Neville and it was the cutest thing.

I took Lily home then, but not before I ran into Ron, Harry, and Hermione. They were heading back to school. And they told me that they missed me at school. I told them that I missed them too, but that they understood it was time for me to move on.

They were walking in the direction of my house, so I was walking with them. They asked where Remus was, and I told them he was on a mission for Dumbledore. I couldn't tell them anymore than that, and they understood.

We then ran into a terrible sight. Katie Bell was hanging in the air, and her friend Leanne was screaming in terror. It made Lily start crying. Harry, Ron, and Hermione all stood in shock at the sight, as did I. Hagrid appeared as Katie fell back onto the ground. I started to calm Lily to stop her crying.

"Ellie," Hagrid said, "Help me bring these kids back to the school."

I nod, "Come on, kids. Let's go."

Hagrid and I led them back to the school. When we got there, Ron was the most dramatic, but that was to be expected. He didn't understand why they all had to be interrogated, since they didn't actually do anything. "We all were witnesses, Ron. We can tell them what we saw," I explained. He still didn't get it, because we didn't know exactly what happened.

Minerva called on Severus to examine the necklace that Katie touched that made her have that fit. He Said that it was indeed cursed. Harry insisted that it was Draco Malfoy that had done it. All of us adults looked at him.

"I don't have any evidence," he said, "But I just know it was him."

"That's quite enough, thank you," Minerva said, "Eloise, please show them back to Gryffindor Tower."

I nodded and then I scooped up Lily, who had been running around the empty classroom while we told Minerva what happened. "She's getting big," Hermione said as we walked.

"She's growing very well, yes," I said, "I feel like I already missed so much, and now Remus is missing out."

"He'll be back before you know it," Ron said. Little did he know he's been gone for the last two months.

When we reached Gryffindor Tower, I asked Harry to stay out for a bit. He was reluctant but he did anyway. I didn't bother with the small talk, I was in full mother mode. "That was very serious of you to lame Draco Malfoy because of a hunch you have, Harry."

"I know I sound crazy, but I just know it was him," he said, not breaking his stance about it. He wasn't going to let up about this.

"Harry, you're blinded by hatred. Your father got like that sometimes, too. You can't let that control you, sweetie. You're too good for that."

"I think everyone else is blind, not me, I know what I'm talking about, Ellie."

It was very odd to hear him call me by my first name, since he only ever knew me by Professor Greene, and then later Lupin. But I guess I'm not his Professor anymore. "Just promise me you're going to stay safe and keep yourself out of trouble this year, alright kid? You know the Malfoys have ties to some dangerous people, and if you cross them they won't hesitate to try to send someone after you."

He nods, "I know. I promise."

"Thank you, now I have to get Lily fed and off to bed. You stay safe."

"I will," he assured me and we shared a quick hug before I let him head into Gryffindor Tower, and I took Lily home for the night.

As I was walking, I saw Neville coming up the stairs. "Hi Neville," I greeted him. 

"Oh, hi Ellie," he greeted me back.

"Did you have a good time with Bradley?" I asked.

"Yes," he said quickly, "I did. Thank you. He's a good friend."

I smiled, happy to hear that, "Good, good. I'm glad you boys enjoyed yourselves. Now if you excuse me, I must get Lily home for the night."

"Of course," he said and then we parted ways.

Lyanna kept me updated on Katie Bell, she told me that she was moved to St. Mungo's not long after she was brought back to Hogwarts. That made me feel awful. I just hoped she was okay. I spent the rest of November worried about her.

Remus came home in Mid-December. He came bursting through the door saying, "Where are my two favorite girls?" I had no idea that he was coming home. He was dirty, and thinner than he was when he left. I didn't like the look of that. Lily ran to her father, and he picked her up right away. "Hi there, Cub, did you miss me?"

"Daddy!" She squealed and hugged him tight.

"Yes, Cub, I missed you, too!" He tells her as they hug. It was such a sweet moment.

"You should have written, I would have made sure I had dinner ready," I said as I made my presence known.

"I didn't have any parchment. I used it all writing to Dumbledore, who gave me his permission to abandon the assignment when we both realized it was a lost cause. They're not going to fight for us when he's talking such a big game making it sound as good as he is."

"I'm glad you're back," I say, and I kissed him for the first time in months. "You need to shower, my love."

"I know," he says chuckling.

"You go, and take your time. I will have a hot meal waiting for you when you get out." I promised him. He smiled and kissed Lily's cheek before handing her off to me and then he kissed my head before he headed off to shower.

He showered, and when he came back all fresh and clean I hugged him so tight. I was so happy to have him home. He was home, and I could hug him again. I never wanted to let go of him. Ever. "I missed you so much, Bunny." He said, one of his large hands running up and down my back.

"I missed you, too, Darling," I tell him, and I give him a good squeeze. "Never stay away from me that long again."

"Never again," he assures me.

______________________
Here's Part 53!

We're getting well into book six now!

This story is only going to the end of book 7, so we will be finishing within the next 10-15 chapters maybe even less depending on if I have ideas or not.

-Emily Winchester.