『𝟶𝟸』

Everything was fine six years ago

Everything was fine six years ago. I had a pair of lovely parents loving me like no tomorrow. We were a perfect family you could say. No fights, no arguments, nothing. Until one day, my dad started to demand a son. Yes, he wanted a son. We don't know what happened to him but that lead to a lot of arguments in our household.

Months passed and we got to know that my mom was pregnant. I couldn't be more happy, knowing that I was going to have a sibling. Dad and his parents were expecting a son. Everyone in the family was happy after the news of her pregnancy.

But that happiness soon flew away when mom gave birth to a girl instead of a boy, Minji. That was when the hell broke. Everything messed up. Dad started to fight with my mom, saying that she could've given birth to a boy, not a girl. A few months passed and dad couldn't take it anymore. He divorced her, saying that he can't handle expenses for two girls. Either to give one of us on adoption and make a new child and he would stay with her or keep them but he will go away.

Mom choose second cause she didn't want to give away her daughters like that. So, he left.

I started to notice changes in her behaviour and like that, after a year, she started to blame us for her husband leaving her. When I turned 12, she started to hit me for small things. As the time passed, her hits got painful and harder. I'm now 16 and she started to use me as a stress-relieving toy. Hit me whenever she want and with whatever thing, she got in her hands. Minji was saved cause I always convince to hit me instead of her. She leaves my face, so someone won't suspect but not my body. It is full of endless bruises, which I hide with long sleeves closed.

Anyway, I reached my school. I'm a sophomore, which means second grade in high school and today was my first day. I walked inside the school and was greeted by a familiar crowd of students. Most of the faces were familiar except some, which I think are freshmen. 

I directly went to my classroom, ignoring everyone in the hallway.

-

I sat on the bench with my lunch tray and gulped, feeling excited about my favourite food. I grabbed the chopsticks and a piece of food with them. As soon as the delicious taste of food hit my taste buds, I sighed in pleasure. I didn't eat breakfast in the morning and it feels like heaven now.

Suddenly, I heard some shouts behind and some cheers but do I care? No. Nothing is good like the food in front of me. 

But suddenly, someone bumped behind me, making me choke on my food. "Oops, I'm sorry!" The boy apologized. I looked at him and saw him holding his phone like is recording something with an excited face.

I also turned my head and saw two boys fighting in the middle of the cafeteria. One was familiar while the other was not. The familiar one was none other than Jungkook, aka the most sexiest boy in the school. His long blue hair was swiped back, revealing his sweaty forehead while a smirk was plastered on his handsome face.

The other was totally unknown to me. Seems like new to the school. Ha! Another new student challenging one of the popular boys of the school, thinking that they can 'defeat' The Jungkook, who is a blackbelt in martial arts and doing boxing these days. That's what I know from the students. A lot of students has already challenged Jungkook but always get badly defeated by him. 

The students screamed when Jungkook punched the boy's face with his right tattooed hand. Not gonna lie but I find his tattoos cool. I don't have a crush on him but I definitely got a crush on his tattoos. He is junior year, by the way. A year older than me.

I chewed on my chopsticks, watching the boy stumble back while groaning. Jungkook cracked his knuckles, eyeing the boy laying on the ground. I blinked my eyes, waiting for Jungkook's next move. 

"Tsk, I'm not in the mood today." His words instantly made me have a flashback of mom in the morning and sighed, feeling headache because of that. "Go away." He lazily moved his hand. The boy stood up while stumbling and ran outside. Disappointment ran over me as I didn't get a good fighting show.

"Jungkook, your food is getting cold." The blonde boy aka Jimin, Jungkook's best friend called him. A brown-haired boy was sitting beside Jimin on his phone, Taehyung, their best friends. The trio was famous for their looks and their money, which they use like it's nothing. I'm not gonna say that it's bad. They got money and enjoy it. If I had money like them, I would've enjoyed my wealth like them. It's not a bad thing to spend money if you have it.

I didn't know that I was staring at the blue-haired boy until he suddenly turned his head in my direction. I panicked when our eyes met and quickly faced my back to him, acting like I wasn't staring at him like a creep a few minutes ago and was eating my food.

 I panicked when our eyes met and quickly faced my back to him, acting like I wasn't staring at him like a creep a few minutes ago and was eating my food