LIII

third person pov

wilburs uninjured hand wrapped around the textured chair frame, the brunette lifting the object above his head.

the older male drew closer, swinging the chair in technos direction. the pink haired male barely had time to react, one of the legs of the chair making contact with his cheek, the wood scraping across his weathered skin.

"bruh" techno mumbled, touching the tips of his fingers to the impacted area. he pulled away his hand, analysing the layer of red liquid.

wilburs angered expression changed into one of shock. he didnt expect to land a proper hit on his warrior of a brother, let alone draw blood.

the door to the dining room creaked open, y/n's smaller figure emerging from the shadows. their eyes widened at the sight of the two brothers, bruised and beat up.

both brothers turned to face y/n, a red stream of blood trickling from technos left upper cheek, pooling around his sharp jawline and soaking into his shirt.

the brunette dropped the chair, causing the wood on wood contact to make a low clattering sound.

techno turned his head to face wilbur. his face contorting into a sour expression.

"what the hell happened here..." y/n muttered, eyeing the two brothers.

"i can explain y/n-" wilbur began.

"no you cant." techno butt in.

wilbur shot his younger brother a grimace, the pink haired males expression returning to its usual bored look.

since being outside y/n had pocketed georges ring, deciding not to bring up what had just happened.

"was this about me?" they asked, still stood in the doorway.

both males avoided y/ns gaze, wilbur staring down at his bandaged arm, techno wiping the blood off of his face with the back of his palm.

"are you serious? how childish can you be?" the e/c eyed persons eyebrows furrowed.

the brothers stayed silent, accepting their scolding from the younger person.

"id expect something like this from tommy- when he was twelve...but gods, you two? dont you think we have more pressing matters on our hands." y/n folded their arms over their form.

"my apologies. ill see you later." techno muttered, nodding towards y/n and then leaving the room, grazing his body against y/ns as he passed through the door.

which left wilbur standing in the middle of the room, broken glasses and plates littered the floor. his brown eyes met y/ns, a sullen look glossing over them.

"y/n...why him?" wilbur sounded deflated, like he had lost all hope.

"i dont want anything to do with either of you right now." y/n mumbled, redirecting their gaze to the door across the room.

wilburs expression dropped further, as he watched y/n cross the room, their cape lapping against the back of their snow covered boots. they quickly slipped through the door, into their room shutting the door with force.

wilbur slumped down into an empty chair, the brunette running a hand over his face.

~*~*~*~

it had grown rather late in the night, practically dawn at this point. y/n had not slept a wink.

they sat at the foot of their wood framed bed, arms wrapped around their legs, hugging their knees to their chest.

their mind was clouded with the thought of george coming to find them, they did not care so much for the consequences but what would happen to the boys-as well as phil, wilbur and techno.

y/n feared for the safety of those who they cared most about.

reaching into the pocket of their cape, they pulled out the golden ring punz had gifted them.

remembering it to be one of the many rings george had adorned that night at the ball.

they rang their thumb over the smooth metal, studying the engraving on the inside that wrapped around the entire band.

⎓𝙹∷⊣╎⍊ᒷ ᓵ𝙹リᑑ⚍ᒷ∷ !¡ᒷ∷ᓭᒷ⍊ᒷ∷ᒷ

ꖎ𝙹リ⊣ ꖎ╎⍊ᒷ ꖌ╎リ⊣ ᒷ∷ᒷℸ

y/n let out a breathy sigh, shoving the ring onto their index finger. they pushed themselves off of the sheets and began rooting through their half empty wardrobe.

the h/c haired figure pulled out a large satchel, laying it on the floor beside their crouched form.

they began stuffing it with whatever clothing remained in the closet.

they slipped an extra pair of boots into the bag, along with a ready made string of healing potions, the glass viles clinking off of one another.

y/n continued packing things into their leather bag, double checking for certain items.

the floorboards by the door illuminated, light footsteps creaking against the aged wood, stopping just outside the door.

this went unnoticed by y/n, as they were more focused in getting the essentials together.

the door was pushed open, a low creak echoing through the room.

"go away wil i dont want to speak with you." y/n mumbled, not turning to face the figure who entered the room.

"im not wilbur...what are you doing?" the voice uttered out.

y/n turned to face the figure looming in the doorway, the lantern in his hand being the only source of light. the tall half enderman barely fit in the doorway.

"are you leaving?" the tone of his voice changing, matching his now concerned expression.

"its not for the reason you think. but i cant stay here any longer, ranboo."

"itll break his heart, you know."

"im doing this for him."

a/n- it's been a bit since i've updated so apologies! i've been sick and my other nan died (which is funny i've had two nans die throughout the course of me writing this book) but i'm back now so that's fun,, vote n comment <333