Chapter Thirty

Chapter - Thirty

     ~~~~~ Kylie - Confessions ~~~~~

     Kylie wanted the day to go perfectly and went out of her way to ensure the success of the event. There was no reason for her plan to fail for she had created a check-list to make sure everything was taken care of and nothing was neglected or forgotten. She made sure everything was perfectly laid out and was pleased to hear and see that everything was set .It was with the help of Anthony and Samantha, the cheer squad who were eager to help in whatever possible, and the many athletes who had promised their other halves the perfect night, that Kylie was able to put together one of the best proms the school has ever seen.

Kylie had spoken to both Rachael and Mike about wanting to borrow their personal limousine out of the necessity of not wanting to spend more money than what she already had. After a quiet talk amongst themselves, Rachael and Mike gladly agreed and also offered to pay for anything else that was needed, but Kylie had already paid for what she had envisioned when asking Alexandria to prom. Her only concern to that point had been the cost of the limousine since the companies she had phoned were incredibly expensive and would not even allow them the luxury to drink bottled water due to the high cost of the vehicle.

     Rachael and Mike were happy as they helped the girl's prepare for their Prom remembering their own prom night as they visited clothing stores and flower stores looking for the perfect corsage for both girls. As they had been involved in the preparations, the question proposed by Mike made them delay their plans and consider what exactly the night had to offer their young girls. It was then that the Smith’s got together and decided to talk to the girl's individually.

Mike was on the verge of a long talk with Kylie about what to expect during prom and what might happen after, and to Kylie's embarrassment he had brought props that went with his rehearsed speech.

Kylie's eyes were shot open as Mike started to tell her about protection and about same-sex relations cutting open a condom and slicing the bottom of it to create a dental dam.

She concluded that Mike had gone out of his way to research the topic and seemed extremely uncomfortable as he talked about it to Kylie who was in no better shape than he.

Over all Kylie understood what Mike was trying to teach her and had a better understanding thanks to it. Kylie had always been told to use protection and only have relations with the person who is worthy of her.

She understood it all, and yet Kylie knew Alexandria was the one. She knew the moment she heard the words 'I Love You' come out of the girl's puffy lips after they had been kissing for an entire hour breaking their current record of 45 minutes. She knew the day Alexandria kissed her forehead when Kylie complained of a terrible migraine. She knew the day Alexandria stayed up all night helping her with her spirit week posters that turned out better than anyone had hoped and again pulled an all-nighter the following day to help her with her never ending AP Physics homework. Kylie just knew in her heart that Alexandria Santiago was the one who she could give herself to, all of herself.

After their talk Kylie shook her head knowing that if she thought about it more, Alex would not wear her Prom dress for long going against Mike’s impeccable sex-talk. It was a miracle she could keep her hands off the girl on a regular basis. For the last few weeks all Kylie could think of was how beautiful Alexandria would look in her prom dress, and how breathtaking she would look without it on.

Rachael on the other hand had a different talk with Alexandria knowing that sex was a touchy subject for the young teen. Rachael had spoken with Alex about wanting to adopt her for months but Alex did not believe her until Rachael held the papers right in front of her. Up until that point, Mike and Rachael had only been Alexandria’s legal guardians but Rachael asked Cassandra if she could make the necessary arrangements and paperwork so Alexandria could be adopted by them as soon as humanly possible. Rachael has asked Alexandria if she wanted to keep her last name when addressing the issue in which Alex said yes not wanting her last name to be erased from the phase of the earth. Rachael simply decided to hyphenate Smith to the girl's last name when finalizing the paperwork.