Chapter 58: You promise?

Hunter's P.O.V.

Been a while since Luz has left the room... Or a minute? I can't tell... I'm too nervous. At times I want to just try and eavesdrop on the conversation but at the same time I can't bring myself to do so. While I bring my knees to my chest I feel something perch on my head. Rascal. At times when I'm having a freak out, he's the one to try and comfort me.

Another breaks me free from my worries as the door opens to reveal Luz. My breath hitches, thinking about how disappointed Edric may be. "Edric wants to talk to you about it. I told him everything." I take a breath while I stand up and go to exit the room. "But one more thing."

Luz states, making me stop. "You were looking at the icicle during the conversation. Like you were really intrigued." I look back down before giving her my answer. "You were blocking the door. I would've pushed past, but you were holding that. I thought you were threatening me."

"Wha- no! I could never do that to you!" I guess I should tell her... "Luz, there's something you need to know... A while back before I came here. Back at Eclipse Lake. I threatened your safety to Amity." I look back up, not being able to help but look at her expression. No surprise.

"Didn't you hear me?" "I know. Amity told me. That was a long time ago." Oh... But she should be angry- "Now go to Edric! Can't keep him waiting."

I walk back out the door, and roam down the hall to look for Edric. Finding him in the kitchen, in the corner. This is gonna be painful...

Walking to the emerald haired guy, I can see he's already noticed me. But how do I start the conversation- "Y'know, you can always tell me what's wrong. If you don't want to do anything, I want to know." "I'm sorry." Edric gives me a look with furrowed eyebrows. "You don't need to apologize for that. And Luz told me you were afraid I'd leave you for that. I could never leave you for that."

Looking down to the floor, but I look back up to him. "You promise?" He nods to my question. "Of course I do. If you ever feel uncomfortable, I want you to tell me." "Ok.. I will next time."

(Corny? Spelling errors? I ask if things are corny because I myself am dramatic, so need feedback to check if it's realistic. Sorry if that sounds offensive.)