One

present
Aria De Luca

I don't know how long I have been unconscious.

All I know is that my head is pounding, and my body feels weak.

I am pretty sure it's been a few hours since I have woken up. I have been in and out of consciousness but luckily, I only had to face Dante once, which is when I first woke up.

He was yelling at me to wake up while I dreamt about some sort of ending.

"I think it's you who saved me Aria."

His voice sounds comforting and familiar.

And his eyes.

His green eyes were sparkling when looking at me. I felt safe looking into them. They gave me comfort and I had a feeling everything was perfect then and there in the dream.

But then I feel terror in my blood as I heard a voice that shook my nerves, and not in a good way.

Dante.

My worst fear.

I realized that I am his prisoner.

Dante trapped me again.

And this time I have no one to help me and no way to get out.

"Baby!" I heard the door of my cell open at the same time I heard his voice.

It's deeper since I last saw him.

I see him walk through the entryway of my cell and he had that sinister smile on his face. I straighten my back and force myself to look at him.

He doesn't look that different. His shoulder are just a little broader and the features on his face are much more mature than they were when we broke up.

"What am I doing here?" I asked while trying not to show how scared of him I really was.

My mind is full of blurs. I don't remember a thing that happened or how I ended up in this smelly cage.

The last thing I remember is me being in my room talking to Layna about going to a race and then getting a drink afterward, but I got a phone call from my dad saying that I had a meeting with him. After that, I can seem to remember what happened next.

"Oh, we have a lot of catching up to do Aria. What do you remember last?" Dante asked as he sat down on the chair that was in the cell.

"I was with Layna in my room, and we were going to go to a party. How did I get here? Where is she? Where is my family?" I asked him as my heart started pounding against my chest.

Dante smirks and shakes his head lightly. "Wow, that serum he created worked like a bitch." Dante muttered and then he made eye contact with me. "Aria that party you are thinking about was supposed to happen over two years ago. Instead of going to that party, your dad decided to send you on a mission. What happened during those two years doesn't matter to me. What matters is that you are here now, and you are mine."

I press my back against the hard concrete wall. "No. Where are they? Where is my family, Dante?" I repeated my question from before.

"Not here. I promised not to hurt anyone you love if you complied. I am honorable Aria. I will not hurt any loved one as long as you comply with everything little thing I say."

"I'm not a dog that you can control Dante. You tried and you failed."

"But baby, I didn't fail. If I did then you wouldn't be here in front of me at my mercy." Dante smiles at me widely.

"I'm not at your fucking mercy. I'm getting out of here."

"How Aria? You think that fucking Italian is going to save you?"

I furrowed my eyebrow and looked up at Dante. "Italian?"

Dante made a face saying he revealed to much and that he needed to shut up. "Oops. You know how I never learned to keep my mouth shut. Kind of similar to you. Must be why we get along so well Aria."

"I will never get along with you. You're a fucking monster." I muttered and then turned my body around to not look at him.

My mind goes back to the dream I had.

"Ti amo Aria De Luca sempre e per sempre. Finché morte non ci separi."

Italian.

I know what it means.

It means "I love you Aria De Luca, always and forever. Till Death Do Us Part."

Till Death Do Us Part.

I was dreaming about some kind of wedding.

I close my eyes and feel Dante's eyes on me, but I pay no attention to him.

I was at a wedding, and I am standing in front of a man who looked familiar. It's the man I have been dreaming about nonstop.

His green eyes stand out to me, and I feel like I would never forget them. For some reason, staring into those green eyes of his gives me some sort of comfort.

In the dream he says wedding vows and touches me as if we were soulmates.

Is he real?

Will he come save me?

"Aria!" Dante yells and I open my eyes and look at Dante. "When I ask you a question, I expect you to fucking answer me." He sneered.

I try to not roll my eyes because giving him attitude will only make it worse for me so it's better to just sit and obey when it comes to him.

But I sometimes like to press my limits.

"What do you want from me Dante? I don't love you anymore. Please understand." I pleaded.

"No. I let you go once and I'm not going to do it again. You will love me Aria. You will obey me, and you will never want anyone else other than me.

I shake my head as tears form in my eyes. "No. No, no, no. I'm not staying here. Please let me go." I begged him as tears rolled down my cheeks.

Dante stands up and he is suddenly in my face. His rough hands grab my jaw, not gently, and he makes me look at him. He forces my face to be only inches from his and I feel like I am going to throw up from being this close to him and feeling his disgusting touch on my skin.

"You will love me Aria. You will love no one else other than me. I will be the only person you will be thinking about for the rest of your life, and you are going to understand that one way or another. Even if that means showing you in way you don't want me to. But I don't care because your mine Aria."

Dante gives me a dark look saying as if he was warning me before I feel a harsh slap my cheek making my head turn to the side.

A few second later I feel another slap on my face and it repeats.

He doesn't stop hitting me.

He never does until I'm on the floor begging and pleading for him to.

Until I'm at his mercy.