Chapter 5

Alessandro's pov

"What do you mean! How can you lose a whole cargo box full of guns" I'm furious. I set a simple task for my men to do while I'm not there and they manage to stuff it up.

. . .

"Well find it or i will have all your fucking heads"

. . .

I don't care how long it fucking takes... FIND MY SHIPMENT NOW!"

. . .

"I wouldn't test me right now" This dude that I'm on the phone with has a lot of balls talking back to me, I might just cut them off.

I cant have one night off without someone managing to stuff up something. I run the biggest mafia in the world. The Italian mafia. And running the biggest mafia puts a very big target on our backs so that means i have to work a lot harder to protect my family. Now that we finally have Isabella back means that our enemies are going to come for her because she is the family's only weakness.

I cant tell Isabella about the mafia, she won't be able to handle the stress after her other family dying in a fire and her just finding out she has 6 brothers. I just can't tell her yet, I will tell her when the time is right.

Finally I end the call to that idiot and start going through some paperwork, there is so much paperwork!

As soon as I finally start to do the paperwork I have to be interrupted. Cristian barged in, I glanced at him quickly but continued to do my work.

"Don't you know how to knock" I say clearly irritated.

"It's Isabella, I-I tried but she just won't listen... Somethings wrong with her '' As soon as those words left Cristian's mouth my head snapped up to meet his worried gaze.

"What do you mean somethings wrong with her!" I ordered, quickly I got out of my chair and started making my way to Isabella's room with worried Cristian quickly trailing behind.

"I tried everything to calm her down but she was acting as if i was never there! I think she's having a panic attack" he recalled

I'm getting more and more worried every step I take towards Isabella's room, I'm meant to protect her and what if i can't, what if i have already failed not even a day of her being here.

As I enter the room my eyes dart to her bed, Isabella is on it gasping for air as her hands were tightly wrapped around her neck, She's definitely not being herself right now. I quickly approach her trying my best to calm her down before she gets any worse.

"Isabella"

"Isabella"

"Isabella" i repeat trying to grab her attention

"principessa"

"Isabella" Finally i get her attention

She slowly lifts her head, her fearful eyes frozen on mine. her whole body is shaking and her hands won't move from her neck

"It's okay, you're going to be alright. Look at me and try to breathe with me okay" my eyes soften trying to give her a bit more comfort, slowly I lift my hands up to hers that are tightly wrapped around her neck. As carefully as I can I pry her hands away and keep them in mine, slowly my thumb rubs circles into her palms trying to calm her down.

I glance up to see Cristian nod at me and leave.

After what seemed like a lifetime Isabella finally calmed down enough for me to pull her into a protective hug, I'm not letting her go no matter what.