plane ride pt.5

The van ride was long, cold, and silent, making Sally shiver every few minutes, because she was still in her red room clothing. Mr. Strucker sat across from her the whole time, just silently staring but not sating a word. Sally wasn't used to the attention being on her so she constantly tried to look away from Mr. Strucker, only to look back to see if he was still looking, which he was. In total the van ride was about 3 hours and by the time the soft rustling of the engine stopped, Sally was having an internal panic attack.

 The doors of the van opened up, showing a large road of pavement that went on for what looked like for ever and  had some little piles of snow scattered everywhere. The second thing Sally noticed was the cold, the cold air in the van was no match for how cold it was outside, and as the doors opened, revealing the sad land, the cold air rushed in to greet Sally's face. Her hands threatened to move to her sides as the cold air started to make her fingers numb, but she fought the urge not knowing what punishment would come to her if she did. 

The guy who opened the van door took Sally by the arm and pulled her out of the van, Once outside he put a blindfold onto her eyes, blocking her vision and thankfully creating a small amount of warmth around her eyes and nose. She was pulled forward and could feel as her shoes got a little wet from the snow that she was being practically pulled through. After a few moments she got her balance and started to take steps, predicting were her next step would be. They walked for a few minutes and then came to an abriped stop, which startled Sally. Whoever was leading her to this unknown spot let go of her arm and left her standing there. Sally could hear some quiet whispers from a distance away and decided to listen in. 

"ячейка готова?"(is the cell ready?)said a voice that she immediately recognized as Strucker's.

"да, сэр, к ее приезду все готово. Вы хотите, чтобы мы проинформировали о ней близнецов?" (yes sir, everything is ready for her arrival. would you like us to inform the twins about her?) a new, deeper voice said, that almost sounded like the person just woke up from a very long nap.

"да, я бы хотел, чтобы они показали ей веревки после того, как она столкнется с камнем. Если у них хорошие отношения, при необходимости это может быть полезно." (yes, I would like them to show her the ropes after she is exposed to the stone. If they have a good relationship, it could be useful if needed.) Strucker said, the last part was said with an amused voice, and Sally could tell he had a smirk. 

This sent chills down her spine and made her shift uncomfortably onto one foot. This made a squishing sound because of the snow slush under her feet. The two that were talking stopped and turned making a squishing noise too, before turning back and continuing their conversation. Sally had been so wrapped up in their conversation that she almost forgot how cold she was. Her short walk had warmed her up a little, but she had been standing there for a few minutes now and the cold of the air had gotten to her again. Her now wet shoes did not help her case and the outside of her shoes began to freeze along with her socks, that had also gotten wet. At this point she wasn't sure is she could stand here much longer without her getting frostbite. Her lips were all dried up from the cold and starting to crack, creating the small taste of metallic blood in her mouth. Her fingers were almost all numb and she would try and move them back and forth to make sure they still worked from time to time. 

After what seemed like forever, a loud crash could be heard that sounded like something opening. The guy who had lead her over there came back to her side and grabbed her other arm. To Sally's surprise,  in stead of being met with a slightly warm hand, her skin was met with a cold and smooth metal hand. The guy lead her forward, and they were obviously heading into some kind of spacecraft, judging by the small clanks the floor made with each of their steps. Soon they made it to the inside of the aircraft and she was set down on a comfy bench. The aircraft was noticeably warmer that the outside and the cushioned seat added to the warmth. Though her frozen shoes and socks still clung to her feet.