Chapter 59: Golden chains

Belos' P.O.V.

What a huge disappointment... Steve gets high and passes out which makes the group come back here so he can rest... And how can Hunter constantly slip past the guards? But I hear it's because of company. When we find out where he is, we'll plan an ambush. And when they're not around? Or at least in the dead of night.

During all his missions, I never thought it would ever come to this. I'm getting so annoyed of this goose chase I may send a coven head after him as it's getting closer and closer to the day of unity. I absolutely need him with me during that time. But a specific twinkle I notice in my vision snaps me out of my thoughts. 

Many links of two chains each containing a cuff. The start of the chain has a circular shape to hold the chains as if a leash. But the cuffs having a row of spikes to mimic teeth which will clamp down onto his skin thanks to a tiny lever on the circular holder.

 A golden chain. Kikimora had given it to me a few days ago, saying it's a gift from the construction coven. She told me this could be an efficient way to get him back. I asked that construction leader what's so special about it?  Told me there has been a few enhancements to it, stronger and sturdier.

While I glance to the shiny metal constraints, I notice something odd on one of the links... I take a closer look not knowing what it is. A symbol of their coven? A letter or word? It's like... It was rubbed out as I can't tell what it is due to their being gaps in this shape. But my pupils freeze in place, not focusing on whatever has been erased on the chains, but now focusing on a specific voice.

"I mean, I know I'm irresistible but kissing is pretty much exchanging saliva! No thanks!" Darius. Being a self obsessed narcissist no doubt. Hold on... I walk out of the room and out into the hall, seeing him walking in the opposite direction of me while talking to Eberwolf who's trying to ignore him. I put on my mask, walk after them, soon catching up. "Darius." He turns around, looking at me as so does that animal. "And Eberwolf I suppose. I have a job for both of you."

(How is it? Spelling errors?)