Lady Wi-Fi

Miss Bustier: I'm very pleased with how you all did on your last assignment. Some of you have really stepped up, and I do appreciate it. Now it's time to move on to our next assignment. (Alya sees Chloé, pointing at Miss Bustier. Miss Bustier looks at Alya.) Is Marinette still in the girls' room?

Alya: Uh, I don't know, miss. (The bell rings.)

Miss Bustier: Tonight, I want you all to read chapter three of the breathtaking France, the First Thousand Years. Then, answer this simple questionnaire. (gives two to Alya) See to it that Marinette receives her homework.

*******

Alya: Uhh, have you guys seen Marinette anywhere? (Rose and Juleka shake their heads.)

(Alya enters the locker room, where she sees Chloé taking something from her locker. It's a Ladybug costume and yo-yo.)

Alya: (whispering) Chloé's Ladybug?

Alya: Hey, Marinette. Ring me ASAP. We gotta talk. (sees Nino) Nino, wait!

Nino: Yeah?

Alya: Come with me, I need your help!

Nino: So-- (Alya shushes him)

(Alya tries to call Marinette again, but...)

Marinette: (recording) It's Marinette, leave a message. Beep!

Alya: Ughh. I hate when she goes AWOL. She's not calling me back! Where is that girl?!

Nino: Seriously. My man Adrien's the exact same way. But I guess you gotta be sly when Mr. Control Freak is your daddy-o.

Alya: Hey! I think I've just sniffed out who the real Ladybug is! (whispers to Nino) Chloé.

Nino: (laughs) Chloé? Seriously? She's too self-absorbed to think of anyone but herself, much less save the world. You are cray-cray, lady!

Alya: I am so not! You'll see!

(Marinette enters the bakery.)

Sabine: Alya brought your school bag home for you, Marinette.

Marinette: Hey mom...

Sabine: You seem so forgetful these days. Maybe you just need some fresh air and extra exercise for that growing brain of yours!

Marinette: Good idea, mom. I'll start tomorrow. (Sabine kisses her.)

Marinette: (sees a sticky note) What's this? "Call me. I know who the real Ladybug is"?

Tikki: No way! You think she knows?

Marinette: I doubt it. Alya's always jumping to conclusions before she has her facts straight.

Tikki: But just in case...

Marinette: No worries Tikki. I got it covered.

(Marinette tries to call Alya, but there is no signal.)

Marinette: Dang. No signal.

(She goes to the balcony to see if there is any signal, but sees a man working on the cell tower.)

Civilian: Sorry, miss. Cell tower maintenance. The whole neighbourhood's down. No signal for the next hour!

Tikki: Come on, Marinette. Try again later. Let's head down and finish your homework.

*******

Chloé: Hey there! Hi! You look totally fab! Uh, no, not you. Hey, it's still a month from Halloween, you know?

Nino: You need to have your head examined. If she's a superhero, then I'm the Wizard of Oz.

Alya: I'm telling you, she's Ladybug!