~ 36 ~

Hello guys!

Hello guys!

Sorry for the late update.

I'm having a sore throat and fever, and upon that my running nose is such a headache *pouting*.

I said I'll update a lenghty chapter but I couldn't. And am sorry for it.

Anyways I'll stop my blabber here.
.
.
.

Maya's POV:

I took a deep breath and looked at him. Today I want to tell him all the things that I have hidden from him.

"When Aashi scolded and blocked him, I felt peaceful. At that time, I was writing a book called "Longing Hearts" for a competition at my university. It's a short story. And guess what? I won the prize, and it was published by our university literature club. Though I'm a member of the club, we didn't know who the judges were. I was literally on cloud nine that day. But my happiness didn't last long."

That was supposed to be one of the most memorable days of my life, but that man spoiled it again. I sighed. The hatred that I had for him was just going to increase as I thought about every incident.

"Did you mean "Longing Hearts" by Mayim_the_Dreamer?" Avi asked me, narrowing his eyes at me.

I could read something in his eyes, but I couldn't understand exactly what that was.

"Yes, by the way, did you read that book?" I asked him, looking into his eyes.

"Yes. Arjun had sent the link to that book to me. I literally became a fan of that book. But why that name? Why didn't you publish it in your name?" He asked, looking at me.

"Simple. I didn't want unnecessary attention focused on me. Even in my university, nobody knew that I was the writer of that book, not even Surya, Aashi, and Pranav Anna. I have sent the soft copy of that book to our literature club head with an anonymous mail ID. And surprisingly, it got the first prize out of 250 books. Mostly, I don't want my parents to know that I am a writer. It's not that they wouldn't encourage me, but I just wanted to be an anonymous person to the world. And coming back to why that name out of all, in Hebrew, Maya is thought to mean "water," derived from the word "Mayim," of the same meaning, and in Sanskrit, Maya means "dream or illusion". So that's why I chose that pen name, Mayim_the_Dreamer." I wanted to share this with him for a long time. I knew he would be happy, but he would definitely tell Arjun Anna, and that boy wouldn't sit silently."

"Are you not in touch with Aashi now?" He asked me out of nowhere.

My face paled while listening to it. My eyes pooled with tears, thinking about Aashi. My boyfriend and my soul sister.

I gulped down the pain and said, "I'm. But the thing is, she could listen to me, not reply to my words. She was met with an accident a year ago and is in a coma. She lost her parents in that accident. I don't know how she will react when she becomes conscious. You asked me right: why didn't I come to meet you on our birthday? I was with her in the hospital that whole week. She was getting treated at our hospital. So, I used to freshen up in our orphanage and spend some time there with the kids. Every week, I used to go to the hospital to see her and meet her grandparents. They were shattered and heartbroken. Of course, it's not easy for them. They lost their son and daughter-in-law, and their one and only granddaughter was lying in bed lifelessly. They were returning from their relatives' wedding when their car broke down. They pushed Aashi out of the car, and their car rolled down."