021

THE OLD SHOE-021

THE OLD SHOE-021

"Ron, where are we going?" Harry asked his best friend as his eyes were on Diana who was walking ahead of them with the twins, her hand in Fred's.

"Don't know. Hey dad. Where are we going?" Ron called towards his father.

Arthur shrugged with a smile. "Haven't the foggiest. Keep up!"

The group walked through the woods until they got to a tall tree. Two tall figures were in the tree lines as Diana felt Fred tighten his grip on her hand, narrowing her eyes, and saw Cedric Diggory.

Cedric Diggory was an extremely handsome boy of around seventeen. He was the Captain and Seeker of the Hufflepuff House Quidditch team at Hogwarts. All the girls drool over him and Diana wasn't one of them.

"Arthur!" A man called towards them, Cedric's father, Amos Diggory. "It's about time, son."

"Sorry, Amos. Some of us had a bit of a sleepy start." Arthur said. "This is Amos Diggory, everyone. Works with me at the Ministry. And this strapping young lad must be Cedric, am I right?"

"Yes, sir," Cedric said, looking around at them all before his eyes stopped on Diana. He gave her his charming smile, before looking at Arthur again.

Diana couldn't control the blush that crept up on her cheeks. He was handsome, don't get her wrong, but she had her eyes on someone else. Harry, who was already looking at Diana, saw the blush and scolded.

"Long walk, Arthur?" Amos asked.

"Not too bad," Arthur replied. "We just live on the other side of the village there. You?"

"Had to get up at two, didn't we, Ced? I tell you, I'll be glad when he's got his Apparition test. Still not complaining about, Quidditch World Cup, wouldn't miss it for a sackful of Galleons—and the tickets cost about that. Mind you looks like I got off easy. " Amos peered good-naturedly around at the three Weasley boys, Harry Hermione, Ginny, and the twins. "All these yours, Arthur?"

"Oh, no, only the redheads, Diana and Sammy," Arthur said, pointing out his children. "The twins are my friend's children, you remember Joanna, Amos?"

"Of course! Joanna! How can I not remember her." Amos said, glancing at Diana and Sammy. "They both look like her."

"And this is Hermione, a friend of Ron and Harry, another friend—"

"Merlin's beard," Amos said, his eyes widening. "Harry? Harry Potter?"

"Erm—yeah," Harry said, awkwardly. Diana could see that he was uncomfortable.