Ch. 35 - SUNDOWNING

Avalon's outfit:

Chapter Thirty-Five⚡Sundowning⚡

Chapter Thirty-Five
Sundowning

"Stile: an arrangement of steps that allows people but not animals, to climb over a fence." Scott reads out loud as he, Avalon and Lydia sat in the library in front of a laptop. "Yeah, somehow I don't think this is the "Stiles" we're looking for." Lydia said and Avalon nodded in agreement.

"Maybe Malia has found something." Scott suggested and Avalon shook her head, "No. She's been taking a make-up test all morning." She said. Almost the second she said that a coyote howl sounded throughout the school making everyone look up while Avalon just sighed and closed her eyes for a moment.

"I guess that means the test isn't going well." Avalon said and they all looked at each other before getting up and walking out the library. Scott and Avalon instantly make a beeline for the basement while Lydia went to check on her mom real quick.

They run down into the basement and finds Malia in coyote form growling at them from the corner of the room. "Malia, it's okay. You're safe." Scott says calmly but Malia kept growling as Lydia, Natalie, Stefan and Stilinski walk in. "I'm not gonna hurt you." Scott said calmly again and Malia let out a couple more growls, "I think she's is calming down." Scott said and Avalon just looked at him with a cocked eyebrow as Malia snapped at him.

Stilinski on the other hand looks a little scared of Malia's growling, "Maybe you should growl back?" He suggested. Malia growls one more time making Natalie and Stilinski jump a bit while Sheriff looks at Scott desperately, "Scott, you're the Alpha. Can you just make her a little more docile?" Stilinski asked but Avalon sighed and shook her head.

"She's not the problem. We are. This is her territory and we're invading it. We need to get out of here." Avalon said and Malia starts barking as Scott nods in agreement, "Yes. C'mon." He said and the five of them moved off to the side.

"Malia came here to get to the full moons. Then we got to the lake house." Lydia said making Natalie look at her confused. "I thought you said a wild animal got in the lake house." She asked and Lydia looks at her mother exasperatedly, "Just be happy for the things I don't tell you." She said.

They turn their attentions to Malia walking as she slowly transforms back into her human form. Stilinski and Scott quickly looks away while Natalie looks slightly shock while the other three dont even look bothered. "It's alright. I'm okay." Malia said and Natalie sighs in relief and walks over to give Malia her clothes back while Stilinski looks at Scott, Avalon and Lydia questioningly.

"Any idea what made her shift?" He asked and they all sighed, "She's under a lot of pressure." Scott said and Avalon nodded. "School, her life after graduation." She said, "Her mom trying to kill her." Lydia added making Avalon nod while Scott looked at them.

"That shouldn't make her shift... Could it be connected to Stiles?" Scott asked as he turned to the girls making Lydia sigh softly, "Hard to tell since we don't know what a "Stiles" is." She said and before Scott or Avalon could say anything Stilinski speaks up. "It's a he." He said making them look at him in both shock and confusion, "Who?" Scott asked.