Chapter 60: Found

Hunter's P.O.V.

Been a couple days since that incident, but things have calmed down. I'll be more comfortable about it hopefully soon but not today. Right now me, him, Luz and Amity have gotten out of the house. And of course with our masks too. "Hey, you two!" And I along with Ed turn around to see a group of guards... Please no... With a bouquet of violet flowers! And in the distance I notice two figures in hooded cloaks... But very specific ones... 

"No!" Luz blurts out loud to the guard, causing him to look at her. "They're really- ugly!" She continues. "That's no excuse. There's a new rule. No masks allowed. The Emperor suspects the Golden Guard is hiding behind one." I can't go back! The two hooded figures in the distance walks to our scene, us having caught his attention by the drama.

And a whole bouquet of those flowers! One was enough to make Edric act crazy, so what will a whole bunch do?! My eyes dart back and forth once seeing the guard bring his hand near my face and that's when I make a move for it. Just when his hand grabs the strap of the mask, I run but causing the strap to break in his hold.

Now my face is completely visible to the public. Not enough time to make a glyph. Can't think right now! I just gotta run! And Rascal who was on my shoulder becomes a staff and gets under me, taking us airborne. At first I thought I was safe, but something gooey attaches to my leg, pulling me off of the staff and at first I thought I was going to get slammed on the concrete to death but it has me in a grip.

Rascal flies down to me and I grab onto him, then he pulls me out of the goo's grip and back onto the stick. Rascal flies even quicker, causing me to hold on tighter till I feel us sink down near the ground. We've landed back into the forest. Wasn't very far as it's very near the location where I was in town. Flashes in my mind of when I first flew off from Belos... But what about Edric, Luz and Amity. They must be in big trouble. 

I've got an idea! My boo- Shit... I left it back there with them. Not being able to take it with me to fly... Oh! But I have the pencil and notebook! I've been able to memorize the fire, light and ice glyph. I take out the notebook and pencil, writing down eight glyphs of ice. One of the glyphs being extra small, which I press to make an icicle. Don't want to start a fire, and light can't do anything. So ice is my only option right now. 

Once ready, I get up, rip off the seven pieces of paper and place the papers wedged in between my belt and shirt. "Great! Ok, Rascal. Let's go!" Rascals back to it's tiny form and remains that way. "Let's go?" And still in the same form. "Rascal, let's go!" But he refuses.

(Spelling errors? How is it?)