022

THE QUIDDITCH THE WORLD CUP-022

"You've been ages," George said as the five of them entered the tent.

"Met a few people," Ron said, settling the water down. "You don't get that fire started yet?"

"Dad's having trouble with the matches," Fred said where he was seating on a chair.

Arthur was having no success at all in lighting the fire, but it wasn't for lack of tying. Splintered matches littered the ground around him, but he looked as though he was having the time of his life.

"Oop!" he said as he managed to light a match before he dropped it in surprise.

"Come here, Mr. Wealsey," Hermione said kindly, taking the box from him, and starting to show him how to do it properly.

At last, they got the fire lit, though it was at least another hour before it was hot enough to cook anything. The Scamanders had joined them an hour earlier with Koda refusing to go.

Their tent seems to be pitched right alongside a kind of thoroughfare to the pitch, and Ministry members kept hurrying up and down it, greeting Arthur cordially as they passed.

The fire was ready and they had just started cooking eggs and sausages when Bill, Charlie, Percy, and Joanna came strolling out of the woods towards them.

"Just Apparated, Dad!" Percy said loudly. "Ah, excellent, lunch!"

Ophelia stood up and walked towards Joanna. "JoJo!" she squeaked, throwing her arms around her best friend.

"Gods, Helia, how are you?" Joanna said as they pulled away. "Look at you! Hotter than ever."

"Jo, your gay is showing," Artemis said, throwing an arm around Joanna.

Joanna laughed, slapping Artemis on the chest. "Only for Helia."

A little after they ate, the Weasleys and Scamanders headed towards the stadium. Diana smiled as she climbed the staircase toward the top of the stadium.

She leaned over the railing looking down as Ron spoke. "Blimey, dad. How far up are we?"

"Well, put it this way: if it rains you'll be the first to know." Lucius Malfoy voiced, his eyes shifting towards Joanna. A smirk spread across his lips. "Joanna, looking ever so lovely,"

"Wow, what a catch. Can't believe I ever let you go," Joanna said, sarcastically. She rolled her eyes, starting up the stairs again with her son and Koda following.