CHAPTER 29

Meera's POV

He loves me. Abhi told me that he loves me yesterday. I know that I feel strongly for him but I'm not sure if that's love. Despite all this it felt nice to know that there is someone who loves you. I get ready and head downstairs. Sarla aunty is placing breakfast on the dining table. 

Abhi is sitting on the dining table talking to someone furiously on the phone. His jacket is on the sofa and the sleeves of this shirt are rolled up making him look ten times hotter. He runs his hands through his hair clearly frustrated. I'm about to make my way towards Abhi when my phone starts to ring. Its Karan, I answer the phone,

"Hello"

"Meera, I need a huge favor"

"What did you do now"

"Why would you assume that I did anything. Anyways the point is that Dr.Mehra was supposed to head the the team of interns but she has an personal emergency so she's taking the week off and since they are coming in in Wednesday can you fill in for her, I wouldn't have asked you if there was anyone else available "

"Fine, I'll do. How many people are going to be there exactly?"

"Just five and thank you"

"Cool, no problem , bye"

"OK byee", he says and hangs up. 

I feel someone tug my dress. I look down to find Reyansh pulling my dress. I lift him up kiss him all over the face. He giggles and places his hand on my cheek and starts talking something incoherent. I look at Abhi who's looking tired and pissed. 

I adjust Reyansh in my arms and go and sit beside Abhi. He looks at me and smiles slightly but I can see that he is stressed about something. 

"What happened why are yo-", I trail of as my gaze land on the front page of the newspaper. Its a picture of us leaving the hotel yesterday. Only Abhi's face is seen clearly, Reyansh is barely seen and only a portion of my back is seen as my face was pressed into Abhi's chest.

I read the article looking for the mention of names but there were none. I look over to Abhi who still looks a angry. He turns the TV on and puts on a news channel. Its a video of us leaving the restaurant followed by,

"Breaking News:  Abhimanyu Malhotra was spotted yesterday outside The Taj with his son and a girl. Yes who heard it right. Insider sources tell us that he got married secretly earlier this year but we still don't know who this mystery girl is. Intel tells us that he was here for dinner with his entire family. Nikhil Khurana too was spotted leaving this place minutes after -"

Abhi turns the television of. " I have people working to take all this down, it should be gone within a few hours", Abhi grits out.

"Abhi , look at me", I cup his face and turn it towards me. He relaxes slightly under my touch. "Don't stress yourself s much over all this. Its harmless gossip, people will forget about it in a few days. Just ignore it , they are trying to get a reaction out of you don't pay attention to all of this."