Chapter 7

Rhea grimaced as soon as they entered. Severus waved his wand to clear all the dust and they entered inside. She looked around and can tell that it is not as grand as Malfoy Manor but there are people staying at the manor and Narcissa is there to decorate it while the elves would make sure everything is neat and clean. But, no one is staying here and as Severus said he didn't visit in nearly 20 years, so she shouldn't have expected anything else. 

"I should have the elves clean it before bringing you here." Severus muttered looking around not liking the place. 

"It's fine." She said to him. "Don't you have elves at the manor here?" 

"My grandparents died a long ago and my mother not wanting anything with them freed them before I came of age or at least knew what is going on. My father didn't like anything magical and she didn't want to leave him." Severus said to her. 

"I didn't know." She said quietly. 

"Only Lucius, the dark lord and Dumbledore knew about my father and his hatred towards everything magical." Severus said to her. 

"My relatives hated it too." She mumbled.

"I know. I knew your mum from before Hogwarts. We were kind of neighbors actually. I know how much Petunia hated her sister. I can imagine her hatred passing on to her whole family. I fought with Dumbledore to not place you there but he is Dumbledore." Severus shrugged as they walked inside. 

The manor was nothing she imagined. It was dark just like Bellatrix said but there were no portraits. The manor was so...empty? There was no furniture or anything. The rooms were all empty too. Nothing. It's like they just built it and needs decorating from scratch, if you ignore the dust and paint that is coming off of the walls. 

"What exactly did you bring me here to show?" She asked him and he chuckled lightly. 

"I know there is nothing to show but if you have no problem in staying in this manor then we can decorate it on your choice." He offered her. 

"My choice?" She asked him and he nodded.

"You have to stay here forever." He said to her and opened some door to a room. "This is the master bedroom. Our bedroom, if we stay here." 

"Bellatrix said that there were portraits like Mrs Black around in the manor." She said ignoring the blush on her face and not daring to look at him or his expression. 

"I asked the elves at Malfoy Manor to burn them off when I first visited." Severus said. "You can see the burn marks on the walls." 

"I thought they were just because of the paint going off." She said to him.

"I got irritated by them so got them removed. You can place your father's and godfather's portraits in one room, if you want." He offered and she smiled. 

"Thank you." He nodded and led her out of the room. All the rooms were same except for the master bedroom. This was the family wing. The guest wing was on the opposite side of the manor. The kitchen, dining room, library, ball room were between both the wings. 

"I don't mind moving here." She said to him and he looked at her to see if she is lying or saying truly. 

"Are you sure?" He asked her. "We can get a small house if you want. It's not compulsory to live in a manor. I never checked the prince properties but there might be a cottage or something. I never cared about my heritage as I was too busy due to the war."

"No, I want to stay here. I- I always had a small room, well a boot cupboard to be exact till I was eleven and got my letter. I don't want to live in a small place again when I can stay here. It's not that I don't want to live in a small place but can we stay here?" She asked him and he nodded.