FIFTEEN

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

In the morning I wake up early and find myself curious about Hope's physical and mental state, slightly feeling nauseous from the curse

In the morning I wake up early and find myself curious about Hope's physical and mental state, slightly feeling nauseous from the curse. But I push through and throw on some clothes, walking downstairs towards stern and loud voices.

I could recognise Alfie's voice from a mile away, then Nella's, then Kassian's. My feet walk towards the living room as I push open the door uninvited. They all stop to look at me and for a second Alfie looked relieved seeing me.

"Hi," I breathe out as I look around to all three of them.

"Hey," Nella speaks first.

"Nella was talking about going to see your uncle?" Alfie steps closer to me, his eyes wide.

I nod. "Is Hope okay?"

"She's sleeping, she just needs time to recover."

My throat swallows and I continue to nod back at him. "If we want to get this thing rolling then we should take a trip to see my uncle, he hates my mother with a passion and I know they know a lot about her powers. His wife is a powerful witch and I believe that they can help us or at least give us some information that we could use."

"Okay," Alfie nods once. "How long will it take to get there?"

I shrug my shoulders gently. "Ten hours maybe," I tell them.

My eyes flick over to Kassian's who was watching me intently, his arms folded across his chest tightly as he looks down to me.

"Well Nella said Mace will be happy to drive and take you guys," Alfie breathes out sharply. "Today, right?"

Nella nods back. "Yeah, he's ready to go whenever." She says to him.

"Are you going with them?" Alfie directs towards Kassian who flicks his eyes between all of us.

"Do you want me to go?" He replies boldly.

"They might respect us more if you come, as the Alpha." Alfie admits and Nella nods along.

"Fine," he says and my heart clenches for a moment.

"Hope needs the rest and I don't want to leave her side," Alfie steps closer to us. "I'm grateful that you guys are doing this for us, thank you."

"Cleo too," Nella adds in. "I'll let Mace know and we can go in twenty minutes?"

"Okay," I nod once before removing myself from the living room and up to my bedroom to pack away some clothes for the trip.

Knowing that I'd see my uncle but would my dad be there? After how he knew how powerful my mother's powers are, then continued to say my curse was changing me. How naïve could he be?

Of course it was changing me.

He gave up so easily.

But somewhere deep down inside me, I knew I could control the curse better than I ever have, maybe because my body has become numb to the pain and suffering. Instead it's just coping, trying to drag me along before my wolf becomes depressed forever and turns on herself.