Chapter 61: Orange light

Edric's P.O.V.

That was a close call! Luckily thanks to us using our magic, we're able to escape. Me with my clones, Luz with her glyphs and Amity with her abomination magic. We're able to get away, knowing the direction of which Hunter went. We're all flying on Amity's staff which is another bonus for us.

Down on the ground we're able to see those two witches running so fast their hoods fall off of their heads, but I lose my focus on them as we fly over a few trees. And so the palisman staff flies down into the location of nature. But where could he be?

"We don't have time for this! Belos could have their heads!" Bingo! I hop off the staff and immediately run to the source of the sound. Once I catch sight of him, I'm now sprinting which triggers noise from the grass. Hunter whirls around quickly. "STAY BA-" But his sentence is interrupted by me giving him a hug, accidentally pushing him down from the running start. 

I bring myself up and right next to him, unpinning him from the ground. "How'd you all get here so fa-" "Staff." Luz answers to Hunter's question. "But we're any of you hurt?!" He must've been really worried about us to- And I grab the sides of his face, turning his face to one side, then another. And I tilt up his head to check for new scars or bruises. "Are you hurt?" I ask Hunter who replies with "I'm fine, Ed." His voice slightly unclear but understandable. So I let go, noticing I'm unintentionally holding his face too tightly.

"Well we should get back to Eda's before something happens!" Luz mentions out loud. She's right! Not too safe here where they'll look. And they probably made it here already! I grab Hunter's hand, pulling him up. "Quick, let's g-" But I hear growling in the distance accompanied by a sigh, sounding like an adult male. They would be here already... We aren't even a bit far into the forest after all.

Quickly, each one of us hides behind a tree. Amity who's hiding with Luz. Me who's hiding with Hunter. "This old game. If I never get another mission like this one, it'll be too soon-" And I see an orange light emit from the source of the voice. "Oh, right. Forgot you can do that." What can that d- Oh.. our footsteps... Clear as day in the orange light. 

The man with purple gooey locks who follows the footsteps leading to my sister and Luz. The orange animal who makes a barking noise, alerting the tall guy. "Oh good. You kids can go home. But he can come with us." He tells us like it's so normal to just abduct Hunter like this. I notice purple sludge appear from behind them and swooshing all over the guy. That creature who dodges it, being more on alert than the man. 

(Spelling errors? How is it?)