Flamel and Explanations

"Nonsense!" Hagrid said as we walked with him after the Quidditch match. "Why would Snape put a curse on Harry's broom?" He asked skeptically. I had to admit the same thing. Snape seemed more like the kind of guy to make a more quiet attempt to make it seem more like an accident. I just didn't buy it. 

"Who knows, why was he trying to get past that three-headed dog on Halloween?" Harry asked. 

Hagrid looked down at us in surprise. "Who told you about Fluffy?" 

I gave Hagrid a deadpan look. "You named a Cerberus Fluffy?" I asked flatly. 

"That thing has a name?" Hermione asked. 

"Of course he's got a name, he's mine. I bought 'im off an Irish fella I met down at the pub last year. Then I leant him to Dumbledore to guard the-" Hagrid was about to give us the info when Harry decided to interrupt. 

"Yes?" 

"Shouldn't have said that. No more questions, don't ask anymore questions!" He said sternly to us. "That's top secret that is." 

"But Hagrid, whatever Fluffy's guarding, Snape's trying to steal it!" Harry insisted. 

"Codswallop!" Hagrid stopped walking. "Professor Snape is a Hogwarts teacher!" That isn't that good of a defense. I've heard of demigods that first get a attacked by a monster that disguised themselves as teachers at that demigod's school. 

"Hogwarts teacher or not, I know a spell when I see one. I've read all about them. You've got to keep eye contact and Snape wasn't blinking." Hermione argued. I kept quiet. 

"Exactly." Harry said. 

"Now you listen to me, all four of you. You're meddling with things that ought not to be meddled in! It's dangerous. What that dog is guarding is strictly between Professor Dumbledore and Nicolas Flamel!" 

"Nicolas Flamel?" Something I have noticed about Harry since I met him was that his curiosity is very high and considering all that's happened so far, it could either be a really good thing or a bad thing. 

Hagrid looked shocked at himself. "Shouldn't have said that. I should not have said that." He walked off muttering that to himself. 

"Nicolas Flamel... Who's Nicolas Flamel?" Harry asked. 

I shrugged and Hermione shook her head. "I don't know." She admitted. 

"Oh, Pandora!" I wheeled around to look at Ron, surprised by his sudden outburst. "You said you'd explain things after the Quidditch match." He reminded me. 

I sighed. "Let's go down to the lake, I don't want people overhearing." I said. We walked down to the cold lakefront. It was cold but it was a gorgeous sight. We all sat down under a tree. "Okay, so, before I start, let me ask this. Do either of you know what a demigod is?" I asked the boys. Ron immediately shook his head and Harry thought for a second before doing the same. "Okay, so a demigod is a person who has one human parent and one parent who is a god. It means half-god. That's what I am. I'm a demigod." 

Ron and Harry stared at me shocked. "One of your parents is a god?" Harry asked. 

"My mom is. She's the Greek Goddess of Love and Beauty, Aphrodite." I said. 

"The Greek Gods exist? Zeus, Hades, Ares?" Harry asked. I nodded. 

"All real. The camp I go to is real too, but it's a camp for demigods, to train us. Most of us are extended family so I technically told you guys the truth." 

"So, you're a half-blood, just not the wizarding kind." Ron surmised. 

"Yep." 

"So about the sword..." 

I took off my necklace and it turned into my sword. "having a weapon that can be disguised as something else is very useful for people like me. It means I'm always armed. This sword is made from Celestial Bronze, which is only harmless to mortals. If I were to attack a random person, which I wouldn't do by the way, this sword would just go through them as if they were like mist." 

"But why would you need to be armed?" Harry asked. 

"Just like how the gods are real, the ancient Greek monsters are as well. The Minotaur, Hydra, Chimera, every monster in Greek mythology is real and they hunt demigods. It's dangerous to be in the mortal world since the monsters can smell our blood. However, I'm pretty safe here since the monsters and gods are in America." I said. 

"But why are they in America?" Ron asked. "If they're Greek, shouldn't they be in Greece?" 

"Originally they were but the Gods settle where the heart of Western Civilization is. Started in Greece, then went to Italy, and then bounced around Europe. They were in the UK for several centuries and then, eventually, they settled in the US." The boys nodded. "So, like I did with Hermione, I don't want to bog you boys down with this. I'll explain more later." Just then, Ron's stomach growled. "It's probably close to lunch. Let's head back." 

(AN: I am so sorry this took so long to get out and is so short! The next scene for the movie is around Christmas and I didn't think it was a good idea to do such a big time skip in the same chapter. I'm writing the next chapter as we speak so I'll hopefully have it out today before I leave work. I really hope that one turns out to be much longer than this chapter. This one is only about 800 words, compared the others which are between 1100-2000+ words.)