|chapter 9|sorting people into sides|

*•:∆^°×°^∆:•*

*•:∆^°×°^∆:•*

IN THE DOORWAY IN FRONT OF THEM STOOD A YOUNG WOMAN. She wore a long dark red dress with short sleeves and had a big amber necklace hanging on her neck. She also had a pointy brown hat on her hair that seemed to be tied in a bun, but you could not really tell because the hat was hiding it. The woman was smiling, yet she still looked strict. The woman looked over the kids.

"The firs'-years, Professor McGonagall" - said Hagrid and gestured at the kids standing behind him. The woman simply nodded.

"Thank you, Hagrid. I will take them from here." - the woman nodded at Hagrid and turned her attention back to the new students for a short amount of time. Then she turned around and pulled the door wide. All of the other kids gasped and Severus simply smiled. The Entrance Hall in front of them was so big you could have fitted a whole house in it. The stone walls were lit with flaming torches like the ones at Gringotts, the ceiling was too high to make out, and a magnificent marble staircase facing them led to the upper floors.

Lily, Severus, and the other first-years followed Professor McGonagall across the flagged stone floor. Kids could hear hundreds of voices from a doorway to the right – the rest of the school must already be here – but Professor McGonagall showed the first-years into a small empty chamber. They crowded in, standing rather closer together than Severus would've liked. But at least he was still holding g Lily's. The marauders and Lily's friends rushed up to them and they formed a whole group again that was accidentally separated while walking.