[11] WORLD OF WONDERS

Hey, you. 🌝💜

I have no idea why I'm literally smiling so much rn. 😂 Honestly, it's been quite awhile and once again, I apologize for going off on you guys without an explanation.

I dedicate this chapter to everyone here rn, thank you for waiting on me. 💜 I promise you won't regret it. 🥺💜

This was the chapter that made me run away for months but thank God, I found a way to work the writer's block through.

I enjoyed writing it and you know how much I love to engage with your comments. Don't hold back, okay? T

RECAP: The last chapter, Ene opened up to Grace about a few things. This was before her game and before Grace's meetup with Jeremy. All this is happening on a Saturday.

𝙸𝚏 𝚠𝚎 𝚕𝚊𝚢, 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚙𝚊𝚜𝚜 𝚞𝚜 𝚋𝚢𝙸 𝚖𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚘𝚘 𝚖𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐𝙸 𝚖𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐𝙳𝚊𝚖𝚗, 𝙸 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙸'𝚖 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚢𝚘𝚞

𝙸 𝚖𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚘𝚘 𝚖𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝙸 𝚖𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝙳𝚊𝚖𝚗, 𝙸 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙸'𝚖 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚢𝚘𝚞

- 𝙻𝙰𝚄𝚅 [𝙸 𝙻𝙸𝙺𝙴 𝙼𝙴 𝙱𝙴𝚃𝚃𝙴𝚁]

~

When I’d met Jeremiah at exactly a quarter past two pm, nothing could hold a light to how beautiful he’d looked under the sun’s subtle glow. Perhaps I should have called him handsome but that would do so little justice to what he really was.

Brilliant in the white graphic tee and gray cargo pants he donned, he burned with a certain type of radiance that could only be birthed from within. Mixed with the bronze of his rich skin, momentarily, my heart had skipped a beat.

“Fancy seeing you here, Grace.” Had been his first words while a spark of light humour burned deeply in his pools of brown.

After Ene’s driver had dropped me off, I’ d found him easily by the general entrance of the massive dome shaped building, leaning on the white reflective walls with hands on his Nintendo switch, serious as ever. I had been so sure that my pounding heart would break through the walls of my chest when I’d walked up to him.

However, there had been no bloody heart jumping out or unexpected passing outs. Infact, it had all been going fine — comfortably fine — and well, the last 30 minutes of being with Jeremiah had been nothing short of interesting — sort of.

Deeply captivated, my gaze never faltered from the breathtaking view of Nigeria through the country’s satellite footage. It was projected vividly with added infographics on the large theatre screen.

My heart swelled at how surreal it was to look at Nigeria from that almost unearthly view. It could easily fool anyone into believing that we were only a nation of ethereal wonders, flourishing with valleys of green and never ending milk and honey. And that was the thing about seeing things from up there; it made everything look rosy, blissful and magnetic in it’s alien-like appeal. It was a beautiful lie.