Chapter Thirty-Three

N O A H

I had decided to take Bellamy to one of my favorite restaurants in town, treating her to a quiet night out, making sure she felt cherished and cared for.

Because that what I did. I cherished her. I cared for her with all my heart. I loved her.

"Are you ok, Bellamy?" I asked, sitting back in my chair as I watched her.

She anxiously looked around the restaurant, leaning forward before speaking. "People are staring."

I quickly shot a couple of people a warning look, hopefully making them mind their own business, and sighed. "That's because I'm a criminal."

She frowned, though she didn't look shocked or disgusted. Of course, she knew I went to prison, but she didn't—

"You're not," she interrupted my thoughts, placing a hand over mine. The warmth of her palm instantly calmed me down, and I flipped my hand over to grab hers.

"You don't know what I did," I said, dropping my eyes to the table, watching the bubbles in Bellamy's Coke ascend.

"I..." She let me go, nervously tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"What?"

She looked up to me with those beautiful blue eyes, almost making me forget that we were having a conversation. "Katy told me."

I clenched my jaw, anger coming to the surface as I thought about that witch. "She's always trying to fuck things up for me." I rubbed my fingers over my temples, regretting a mistake from years ago once again.

"Why?"

She had to ask. Of course, she had to ask. Was I ready to tell her about all the stupid things I had done in the past? I knew that I wanted to spend as much of my life with her as I could—and as much as she would let me, so I might as well tell her right now.

"I slept with her a few years back. I was drunk, she was needy." I avoided Bellamy's eyes, afraid she was going to leave me. Or yell at me.

I still shiver when I think back to that night.

She swallowed, nodding to herself. "That makes sense."

"You're not mad?" I asked, surprised by her reaction.

She shook her head, taking a sip from her drink. "It's in the past. Sure, am I jealous? Yes. But I can't do anything about it now, can I?"

That made sense. But I wasn't going to deny that her jealousy stirred something inside me. How did I get so lucky?

"There's no need to be jealous," I said when our waiter brought over our desserts, the smell of warm chocolate hitting me in the face like a brick wall.

"Thank you," Bellamy said to him, licking her lips at the chocolate lava cake she had ordered. "What were we talking about?"

I smirked, grabbing my spoon to dig into my ice cream. "You have my whole heart, Bellamy Powell, so no, you don't need to be jealous of anyone."

She froze with her fork mid-air, her eyes wide as she stared at me. "I..."

"I love you," I told her, grabbing her hand and giving it a little squeeze.

She seemed uncomfortable, looking nervous as she avoided my eyes. Did she not feel the same?

I almost wished I could take back the words as she kept quiet, but all was well when she spoke.

"I love you, too."

My heart burst with happiness, and I could safely say that this was the best moment of my life. Bellamy Powell loved me.