Chapter 18

I just realised that I havent been dedicating chapters to you guys since I dropped Scarred. That is about to change. I dedicate this chapter to Thank you for the support love.❣

Enjoy!

Song; Broken- Isak Danielson

SHURA

I feel so sad for Kacely, the poor boy. He must be hurting so much right now because of what Azinwi told him. I remember the look on his face, in his eyes, he was so hurt. All he wanted to do was help her and he got unjustly blamed. Azinwi just had to blame him.
The boy ran under the rain to bring her here even though he had exams to prepare for. I want to be mad at her for treating him that way but then again she is going through a lot right now, so much so I cant blame her. I believe one of every woman's greatest fears is to be sexually assaulted... men even. It is a demeaning position to be in. Talk less in a state of unconsciousness, by four men, while on your period just days after your only parent figure died. As bad as the situation is, I shouldnt excuse her actions either, she was wrong and mean. But she was under the influence of so many things; grief, loneliness, alcohol and drugs even. I dont know what to expect from her when she comes back to normal. Will there even be a normal? Was there ever?

I can't help blame myself too. Maybe if I agreed to leave with her the night she said she saw Donald, all this would not have happened. I feel like I am already failing her, like I am already breaking my promise to Donald.

I look at her for a while and step out to take some air. Its 10:15AM by the clock and theres not much going on in the hospital, just a few people waiting in line for consultation. My eyes wonder around and I spot the paper Kacely used yesterday to map out where he picked Azinwi up from yesterday.
I reach for it and looking at it, I can make out where exactly it is. There was a time when I used to go to Old Town to get drugs too, so I should know. A wave of rage sweeps through my body and I feel the need to punish whoever did that to her.

I grab my phone and call Donalds friend- the commissioner here in Bamenda. I call him a couple of times but I cant reach him. He had told me in the past that if I ever needed any help, I could always ask him. Now is the right time to live up to that promise. He still doesnt pick after the fourth ring so I decide to leave it as it is.

I however decide to call Ngongla about his investigation on who killed my husband. He tells me he has gone down to Angola to see if it was one of the other shareholders in the firm Donald has shares in but I highly doubt that. I feel like the person is around us.
Honestly, I have started doubting just how competent this guy really is. But he is the private investigator here and Im just a twenty seven year old widow with a baby on the way and a step granddaughter who just got raped by four men a few hours ago. What would I know about this type of sitution?

Shura? I hear a woman call, causing me to turn around. Its Kacelys mother.

Hello

Abena, Kacelys mother

Of course I know youre Kacelys mother. I just forgot your name. Youre also the one who took care of the clothes during my marriage. D&S?

Yes I am. I am sorry about your husbands passing, he seemed like a really good man.

He was. I say and fight the sadness that usually follows any memory of Donald.

Well Shura, I decided to stop by here before work because I was hoping we could talk. If that is OK with you

What do you want to talk about?

Not here. Mind if I take you for breakfast?

I cant leave Azinwi here. I tell her.

Theres a cafeteria just around the corner. I promise you we wont take long. I dont want to leave Azinwi alone but I am also very curious. What could she possibly want to talk about?